Powell's Betrayal

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:55 pm
I found the quote I was talking about.

"The Cheney-Rumsfeld-Powell axis now running things under Bush II dusted off a "plan" they prepared under Bush I, for U.S. policy in the post-Cold War, but had no chance to execute. It meant shifting from a goal of defeating the Soviet Union to one of ruling the entire world so that no rival could ever rise again. It sounds absurd, but you can read it in official jargon in last month's Harper's. Colin Powell told Congress in 1992, "I want to be the bully on the block," so all others will know "there is no future in trying to challenge the armed forces of the U.S."

http://www.rabble.ca/columnists_full.shtml?x=17023

I still can't find anything else on it, but this was in 1992. So even back then he was at least involved with this kind of thinking.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:53 pm
Thanks
I appreciate that you took the time to look this up.

Powell sure has had PR that has fooled many people, incl. me.

I used to think that he was ok for a Repub. There are some Conservatives that seem to be decent people even though I disagree with most of their views.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 11:06 pm
No problem. I'm not sure how to handle this new, kinder, gentler Pistoff. You're scaring me, dude! Where's the rage! Laughing
0 Replies