Who doesn't back gay marriage?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 12:48 pm
Hey Shadow get of the closet n let the girl in you do the talking...I'm also getting this vibe that you may probably be a resented self denying gay... Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 01:17 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:

How do you come to the conclusion that if 27% of victims are male and 96% of offenders are male... that means that ~26% of all sexual victimization of children is a male assaulting another male. I don't care what kind of semantics you want to use. That's homosexuality.

That's homosexuality? Funny, the homosexuals I know are a lot more coherent than that. But you still haven't explained your rationale for concluding that 27% of pedophiles are gay men.

Shadow X wrote:
Those most certainly were your numbers. You used the # of children victims in that study, said they were used from 12 states and said that means approximately 4x the amount of victims are in the country. Which is absurd. That's only representative of a short period of time. Not the entire population of victims in the USA.

I used the study that you linked and cited. If the numbers are wrong, that's your problem, not mine.

Shadow X wrote:
A child molestor is simply someone who has been convicted of sexually assaulting a child. I made it clear that I was not referencing the amount of homosexuals (or heterosexuals for that matter) that were convicted of sexually assaulting children. I was attempting to find out the rate of pedophilia in both the homosexual and the heterosexual community. Therefore using the 3% figure is completely reasonable for the point I'm making.

It doesn't matter what point you were trying to make, it matters what point Seto was trying to make. Your definition of "child molester" isn't the same as Seto's definition of "pedophile," so how can you equate the two?

Shadow X wrote:
You see part of your argument is using semantics. You say that a male who molests another male is not necessarily a homosexual.

I really don't care about that. That's one of your least egregious errors.

Shadow X wrote:
I stated explicitly earlier in this thread, that rather than state "those who engage in homosexual behavior" everytime, for the sake of this discussion I would simply refer to them as "homosexual". The reason being that, as I stated earlier, homosexuality is a sympton of a larger mental problem. So I don't care if they have sex with children only, if they're having sex with boys and they're men, they're engaging in homosexual behavior. I don't care if they're bisexual and like to have sex with both... they're engaging in homosexual behavior. And those who engage in homosexual behavior are MUCH more likely to be pedophiles than those who are heterosexual.

You obviously spend a lot of time thinking about males having sex with each other.
Shadow X

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 01:28 pm
@joefromchicago,
Joe really... why don't you explain what a homosexual is. Because where I come from a male who has sex with another male is a homosexual. What do you call it?

I told you before... it's not about "gay men". It's about people who engage in homosexual activities. That was the original premise and the one I still hold. Those people who engage in homosexual behavior are much more likely to be pedophiles than those who do not.

Considering ~26% of all child sexual assaults are males assaulting males (homosexual behavior) I don't see how you can't understand that.

The numbers weren't wrong, they were simply only including approximately a 5 year period. You were wrong when you attempted to extrapolate that out to state it was representative of the entire population of child molestation victims.

No it matters what point *I* was trying to make. I was making the point that likelihood that a homosexual you meet is a pedophile is MUCH higher than the likelihood that a heterosexual you meet is a pedophile. To support that, I used the statistics, provided by Seto, who asserted that ~3% of the population are pedophiles. I'm not sure which part of that you're taking issue with.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 02:25 pm
@Shadow X,
I'll ask again: by what rationale do you calculate that approximately 27% of pedophiles are homosexual?
Shadow X

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 02:38 pm
@joefromchicago,
By taking the amount of people convicted of pedophile crimes and seeing what percentage of that is male. Then taking the amount of pedophile crime victims and determining what percentage of that is male. Then you take the amount of male victims and multiply that by the %age of male offenders. Then extrapolate that out to make it congruent with the 3% pedophile statistic I sourced earlier. Is it 100% accurate? Of course not, without doing an actual study myself that's a near impossibility. However, it's most certainly accurate enough to make the point I'm making.

Like I said. No matter how much you attempt to manipulate the numbers... you will NEVER get the numbers down far enough to show that those who engage in homosexual behavior are not MUCH more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 02:43 pm
@Shadow X,
You are full of bullshit Shadow, you don't even account for factors like boys being far more risk taking in youth then girls...it may well be a matter of better opportunity for a paedophile to strike a boy rather then a girl, and god knows what other hidden variables...it would be interesting to know how many of those exclusively attacked boys...you have nothing there but a weak correlation mixed with a very deem very biased reasoning...

..hardly one would think of a child as a boy or a girl before someone sexually matures physical differences are minimal...I could go on but the point is made !
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:21 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:
Is it 100% accurate? Of course not

Finally, a point upon which we can agree. But you're being much too optimistic. Not only is it not 100% accurate, it's more like 0% accurate. There's no logical reason to think that the percentage of male victims will be the same as the percentage of homosexual victimizers.

Shadow X wrote:
However, it's most certainly accurate enough to make the point I'm making.

No, it's not. It's not accurate at all. In fact, it's just a number you pulled out of your ass.

Shadow X wrote:
Like I said. No matter how much you attempt to manipulate the numbers... you will NEVER get the numbers down far enough to show that those who engage in homosexual behavior are not MUCH more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals.

The only one manipulating numbers here is you.
Shadow X

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:49 pm
@joefromchicago,
I already provided you with how many victims the offenders had. I have no problem including that in the calculations. The numbers will still come out vastly in favor of heterosexuals.

Any more excuses... I mean objections?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:56 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:
It's about people who engage in homosexual activities.

You continue to try to equate paedophilia and homosexuality.

It may that you don't have the ability to understand the difference between the two - but there is a difference between being born as a homosexual and having been diagnosed with paedophilia.

It is much the same as trying to equate being born with red hair and being diagnosed with liver cancer. Yes, some people with red hair will be diagnosed with liver cancer. That doesn't mean that having liver cancer means people have red hair.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:57 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:
Because where I come from a male who has sex with another male is a homosexual.

That suggests a problem with the education available where you come from more than anything else.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:34 pm
@Shadow X,
Quote:
I mean objections?

Well, there is the notion contained in the rule of law that kinda prohibits throwing everyone in jail simply based on such things as, ummm, let me see, gender, color of hair, whether you happen to ride a motorcycle, race. I think there are a few others.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:04 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:
Any more excuses... I mean objections?

You mean apart from the fact that your numbers are contrived, fabricated, and meaningless? No, I'm fine.
Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:56 pm
@Shadow X,
I had no doubt you'd say that. You haven't "refuted" any of those sources by any more than your ipse dixit claims. Sauce for the goose makes sauce for the gander. If you can declare my sources invalid simply by your word, i declare your sources invalid simply by my word.

This site describes your "Child Lures" site as follows:

Quote:
The Child Lures Prevention program is part of a landslide of newer child abuse prevention programs being foisted on innocent children in the classroom.

The sudden onslaught of child abuse prevention programs is the bishops’ faint-hearted response to widespread sexual crimes committed by clergy against children. The new term for such programs is “safe environment.”

The “Lures” program appears basically like all the other child abuse or child safety or safe environment programs. It is designed to attract a variety of concerns for children’s safety, as its Parent Guide cover states: “How to Keep Your Child Safe From Exploitation, Abduction, Internet Crime, Drugs and School Violence.” Interestingly, this program uses as its key word, the word “lures.” The idea is that the program will teach children not to be lured into situations where abuse or kidnapping may occur, or be lured into drugs, or become a victim of violence.

Browsing uncritically at the Parent Guide, it appears to give a certain amount of actual common sense advice for parents, which is basically what parents would normally be telling their children and reinforcing each time the opportunity presented itself. The Parent Guide book warns of predatory “lures” in organized categorizes: asking assistance, lost pet, bribery, authority figures, fake job offers, faking an emergency, and the internet. No parent would be against alerting children to such dangers. However, it is evident that this is only to be part of a larger program, one that includes dangerous explicit sexual information. Furthermore, it includes so-called “self esteem” that is not only prideful, but which can give children a sense that they can somehow be in control of the situation by reasoning with an abuser, or “Just saying ‘No!’” instead of immediately fleeing perceived danger.

Child abuse prevention programs, while purporting to teach a child to be safe, may very well be “luring” them into dangerous situations and actions by destroying the protective quality of innocence and purity in children. Children are more apt to flee from any impure infringement upon their privacy when their sense of decency and modesty remain intact, especially when reinforced with Catholic teachings.

That site is maintained by practicing Christians.

Once again, since it didn't seem to sink in with you last time--if a putative 97% of sexual molestations are not reproted, where do the numbers come from? Does you vaunted source allege that it has interviewed every member of this 97%? Do you understand even the basics of statistical methodology?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 01:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

You are full of bullshit Shadow, you don't even account for factors like boys being far more risk taking in youth then girls...it may well be a matter of better opportunity for a paedophile to strike a boy rather then a girl, and god knows what other hidden variables...it would be interesting to know how many of those exclusively attacked boys...you have nothing there but a weak correlation mixed with a very deem very biased reasoning...

..hardly one would think of a child as a boy or a girl before someone sexually matures physical differences are minimal...I could go on but the point is made !

In a nut shell, it has little to do with sex and everything to do with control and power over someone.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 05:20 pm
@Shadow X,
Quote:
So can I go ahead and adjust the numbers and prove you wrong?

I have no problem with that as long as I'm then allowed to go ahead and adjust the numbers to prove you wrong? Rolling Eyes

Could I possibly have read what I think I just read?
0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:21 pm
Ahhh I'm back from the Outer Banks. Caught a nice red drum, a gigantic flounder by gigging and enjoyed the sun and beach for a week.

Now. Let's get back to business.
0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm
@JTT,
Who said anything about putting anyone in jail?
0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm
@joefromchicago,
"You mean apart from the fact that your numbers are contrived, fabricated, and meaningless? No, I'm fine."

Actually they're not... however, for the sake of argument (and because I know regardless of how you attempt to manipulate the numbers, I'll still be right) and because regardless of the calculations I make... you'll always say they're wrong because you don't like the outcome... SO

How about this... Since I answered your question of how I calculate how many homosexual pedophiles are out there... how about you do the same.

I'll use YOUR calculation and plug in the numbers and lets see what it comes out to. Now it doesn't have to be perfect (no estimate ever will be), but how would we determine a fair estimate of the amount of pedophile homosexuals?

I'm sure you'll use some BS for why you're not going to give us a calculation... but in the end it's just an excuse because (if you're being honest) you recognize that the statistics are much too far in favor of my argument for you to win. But let's see if you're willing to be honest or not.

Tell me, how would one calculate an estimate of how many pedophiles were homosexual?
Shadow X

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:34 pm
@BillW,
BillW that's patently absurd... if it's simply about control and having power over someone, the offender would not differentiate between children and adults. He wouldn't differentiate between whether the victim was a child or a handicapped person or a frail woman or frail man that couldn't defend themselves. But they do... and they're not shy... just ask them why they do it. The VAST majority of them will tell you it's because they're attracted to children.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:14 pm
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:
I'll use YOUR calculation and plug in the numbers and lets see what it comes out to. Now it doesn't have to be perfect (no estimate ever will be), but how would we determine a fair estimate of the amount of pedophile homosexuals?

I would rely on actual evidence. You know, the kind of facts that are actually factual, rather than made-up numbers that are all fakey and stuff. For instance, if I said that 2% of child molesters are homosexuals, and you asked me where I got that number, I could honestly reply that I pulled that number directly out of my ass, just like you pulled your number directly out of your ass. The difference is that I would admit that my number is totally meaningless, whereas you still think your number means something.