Who doesn't back gay marriage?

Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:24 pm
@farmerman,
Yes actually I am and I can back up everything I've said with legitimate statistics that verify the claims I've made.

I'd like to point out I've provided at least 10-15 sources for my claims NONE of which have been refuted except by setanta crying about how the sources are false but not providing anything as to why they're false.

Don't worry. When I get off of work to a comp I'm going to make a post that I'm just dying for any of you to attempt to refute. But I'm sure all ill get is setanta kicking her feet and crying about right wingers and izzy calling me a bigot and a troll. Of course neither of them can refute my argument because I'm right and they're wrong.

Notice nobody here has refuted one shred of information or source I've provided. All they've done is attack my character. The closest thing to a rebuttal was setanta citing a source that explicitly stated that homosexuals were twice as likely to be a pedophile than a heterosexual.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:29 pm
@Shadow X,
Go get a brain back up Bubba !
Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You still got your panties in a wad about the lesbian pedophile stats? Try an actual rebuttal. Who knows u might get lucky.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 05:38 pm
@Shadow X,
...you wish Bubba...I don't respond at nonsense that would credit a potential debate was happening ! Keep trying...
Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You don't want to respond to the actual debate points.. yet you keep responding with moronic comments that have nothing to do with the topic. Why is that Princess?
0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:54 pm
@farmerman,
I'm not very good at fractions and decimals ... Let's see how true that is.

First of all, I made the claim that homosexuals are FAR more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals. Not slightly, but a statistically significant % difference in the two.

As setanta stated earlier. My claim is that <5% of the total population is homosexual.
Here is one source: (a source btw that is well-known to be supportive of homosexuality)
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Gates-How-Many-People-LGBT-Apr-2011.pdf
"Analyses suggest that there are more than 8 million adults in the US who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual, comprising 3.5% of the adult population. In total, the study suggests that approximately 9 million Americans identify as LGBT."

That's not just one study, but it is a combination of all of these.
National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions. 2004-2005 - 1.7%
National Survey of Family Growth 2006-2008 - 3.7%
General Social Survey 2008 - 2.9%
California Health Interview Survey 2009 - 3.2%
National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior 2009 - 5.6%
Canadian Community Health Survey 2005 - 1.9%
Australian Longitudinal Study of Health and Relationships 2005 - 2.1%
UK Integrated Household Survey 2009-2010 - 1.5%
Norwegian Living Conditions Survey 2010 - 1.2%

The only time you get higher numbers is when you get your numbers from the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force or whatever. Legitimate estimates almost always have the numbers at <5%.

But I'll be nice... and I'll give you 5% of the total population is LGBT.
If 5% of the total population is gay and the total population is 316,000,000 then we have ~15,800,000 homosexuals.

If 95% of the total population is heterosexual and the total population is 316,000,000 then we have ~300,200,000 heterosexuals.

Approximately 3-5% of the population are child molestors according to this article:
Seto MC.(2009) Pedophilia. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology 5:391–407.

And from this magazine:
Annual Review of Clinical Psychology
Vol. 5: 391-407 (Volume publication date April 2009)
DOI: 10.1146/annurev.clinpsy.032408.153618

Now let's say that 3% of the population are pedophiles. 3% of the total population (316,000,000) is 9,480,000 pedophiles.

Now according to these statistics, already provided earlier in this thread, from the Department of Justice:
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/saycrle.pdf
~27% of victims of pedophilia are males.
~98% of perpetrators of pedophilia are males.

If ~27% of 9,480,000 pedophiles are homosexual, that means we have 2,559,600 homosexual pedophiles.
If ~73% of 9,480,000 pedophiles are heterosexual, that means we have 6,920,400 heterosexual pedophiles.

We established that we have 300,200,000 heterosexuals... of which 6,920,400 are pedophiles. That means every heterosexual you meet has a 2.31% chance of being a pedophile.

We established that we have 15,800,000 homosexuals... of which 2,559,600 are pedophiles. That means that every homosexual you meet has a 16.2% chance of being a pedophile.

Remember, that's being nice on my part by saying homosexuals are 5% of the total population (instead of the 9,000,000 in the original source) and that the population of pedophiles was 3% not 5%. If I wasn't being nice to the homosexuals the %age for homosexuals being pedophiles would have been closer to 47.4%

(the extra math)
15800000 *.27 = 4266000 / 9000000 = 47.4%

So with a conservative number and attempting to be nice to the homosexuals... every homosexual you meet has at LEAST a 16.2% chance of being a pedophile and can have up to a 47.4% chance of being a pedophile... The actual number is most likely somewhere in between those figures.

Now I'm sorry if you don't like those numbers... but you sure as heck can't refute them.

You can start crying about rightwing talking points... but how about you actually provide evidence for why my numbers are inaccurate.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 12:16 am
@Shadow X,
I provided sources for my claim, which you alleged were false on no more of a foundation than that you said they were false. So i'm just playing your game. I'm saying your sources are false on the same flimsy basis. Sauce for the goose makes sauce for the gander.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 01:14 am
@Setanta,
Just pointing out that you've got form for this. This has all happened before, and it will all happen again.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:34 am
@izzythepush,
No, you're just trying to pick a fight, because, really, that's about all your good for. You don't appear to be well-educated, you're not well informed--you just paraphrase the newspapers which means when they don't know what the hell they're talking about, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about. Picking fights and arguing for argument's sake is all you have going for you. Of course, to accomplish this, you lie consistently.

Once, someone posted a common image found online which shows this joker in a ludicrous costume and which was entitled "obvious troll is obvious." So i started a thread to ask why, if people thought that member was a troll, they continued to feed the troll. I did that knowing the member in question had me on ignore, so i wouldn't have been feeding the troll, except that a turd-stirrer like you went into one of his threads, told him and linked my thread. He showed up, but since the conversation wasn't really about him, he lost interest and left.

On one other occasion, i started a thread asking people not to feed a troll. That's the only such thread i ever started. I did it in the specific case because it seemed to clear to me that this was an unhappy adolescent girl who was saying racist things on the principle that any attention, even negative attention, is better than no attention at all. A few people showed up to say nasty things about me, but it was no skin off my nose. So, no Izzy the Putz, it's not "the form."

I don't like what this guy is puking up, but i have no reason to consider him a troll. He's not trying to make this thread about himself, and he's more or less on topic (although as i've pointed out, what he's peddling suggests that logic is unknown at his house).

You should get a hobby. Maybe you could get into the word games threads, there would no occasions for sin for you there. Otherwise, you're just attempting to stir the turd, which seems to be just about your only strong suit.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:44 am
@Shadow X,
You have no basis to say that "we have established." Your ipse dixit claims don't constitute evidence, just assertions on your part. Earlier when i posted and linked information on homosexuals, you denied it solely on the basis of your word, your ipse dixit claim. On that same basis, i deny what you allege here. Once again, sauce for the goose makes sauce for the gander.

You continue to ignore that by what passes for logic at your house, heterosexual marriages should be outlawed because there are far more heterosexual child molesters, even according to your questionable figures, and we don't want to put vulnerable children into homes where they could be abused. Your nonsense against homosexual marriage is a canard, and your screed about child molestations is really not relevant to the subject at all. I strongly suspect that you are a conservative christian (you keep making ipse dixit statements about who is and who is not a christian) and that at base, you just hate homosexuals and this is an excuse rather than a serious claim on your part.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:50 am
@Setanta,
Whenever you're caught out you resort to name calling. You're so very predictable, this has all happened before and it will all happen again. This is all about your ego, and has absolutely nothing to do with any supposed concerns you may have about the rights of gays. You're just giving Shadow X an excuse to spew out a load of homophobic abuse. You'll stop when common sense finally prevails your ego, but it looks like that won't happen for a very long time.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:52 am
@izzythepush,
What name calling do you allege, telling you the truth to the effect that you're a turd-stirrer? I addressed your bullshit directly and in detail. You're the one who is predictable. You've come to pick a fight, and i'm sure you're delighted to believe that it's working. Have a lousy day, Bubba.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 03:09 am
@Setanta,
If we're talking about truth, you're a sad man who spends most his time on this forum, because you've got nothing else. You're very good at paraphrasing Wikipedia, I'll give you that, but you've got absolutely no imagination whatsoever. You have a few pat phrases that you regurgitate time and again.

You expect fawning admiration from all you encounter, and when you don't get it you resort to petty name calling, even sinking so low as hurl a load of vitriol at a poster who was grieving the loss of family members. You showed nothing but contempt for someone who lost her father and sister, but waxed lyrical about the death of a bloody dog.

Emotionally you've still not gone through adolescence, it's always someone else's fault, you never take personal responsibility for anything.

You're a very sad little man who needs A2K just to be noticed.

You are a good source of amusement though.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 03:14 am
@izzythepush,
I actually spend very little time here, so, once again, you resort to lies, because it's all you have. I don't "paraphrase Wikipedia," that's what you do with the newspapers. If you had a sound education, you'd know that Wikipedia has no more authority than a card catalog, and that it's been deteriorating over the last few years. Right now, christian vandals are busily re-writing articles there, and have been since late February. You wouldn't know that, though, because you aren't sufficiently well-educated to spot those sorts of things.

In fact, i don't try to make threads about me, and i haven't done it here. You're the one who came in here making remarks about my personality, not contributing a damned thing to the discussion. This joker doesn't need me to provide him opportunities to puke up his hatred, so that's a canard, too.

You made your first personal attack at 1:20 p.m. yesterday, which was based on the central time zone in North America. You were back here again at 2:14 a.m., central. That's roughly 7:20 p.m. your time and 7:14 a.m. your time. If anyone spends way too much time here, it's you.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 03:18 am
@Setanta,
I'll say it before you do, that way you might break the cycle, but I doubt it.

Sure bubba, whatever you say
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 03:19 am
That certainly would be an appropriate response to your hatefulness. You really do need to get a hobby, or a girl friend . . . if anyone would have you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 09:55 am
@Shadow X,
HE HE HEE , you are predicatble at least. Im certain that your going to try to try to create an argument that makes homosexuals "percentage wise" a greater threat that the hetero predators out there.
You are willing to give a pass to the hetero pedophiles (The vastly greater number of pedophiles) just to assert that "percentage wise" there are homsexuals who are similar predators.
Ya know, Ive not seen any such evidence anywhere here those numbers even make sense (OH YEH, I do have to stipulate that the DOM guys , who are so hateful and homophobic that they go to any lengths to try to sound convincing)
You really must try to find some other asswipe ho thinks as you do, youre not making any tracks here.
In fact, youre funny and kind of pathetic herein
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 10:45 am
@Shadow X,
Shadow X wrote:

I'm not very good at fractions and decimals

That's putting it mildly.

Shadow X wrote:
Now let's say that 3% of the population are pedophiles. 3% of the total population (316,000,000) is 9,480,000 pedophiles.

Now according to these statistics, already provided earlier in this thread, from the Department of Justice:
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/saycrle.pdf
~27% of victims of pedophilia are males.
~98% of perpetrators of pedophilia are males.

If ~27% of 9,480,000 pedophiles are homosexual, that means we have 2,559,600 homosexual pedophiles.
If ~73% of 9,480,000 pedophiles are heterosexual, that means we have 6,920,400 heterosexual pedophiles.

Math is hard!
Shadow X

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:29 pm
@joefromchicago,
What was wrong with my math?
Shadow X

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
The only thing that will stop me from presenting statistics, facts and the truth about the deviant lifestyle of homosexuality is for you and your ilk to stop attempting to force your lecherous lifestyle down me and my children's throat.

Until then I will keep expressing the deficiencies and dangers of homosexuality.