Who doesn't back gay marriage?

Shadow X

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 05:29 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No actually it's up to you to refute the evidence. Not pop off at the mouth like a 5 year old who got his toy taken away.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 05:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
tumbleweeds
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 03:16 am
@Shadow X,
I see you avoid inconvenient matters such as how people identify themselves, a subject which i reviewed in my post.

I am bemused. Do you think the Christian Left supports this kind of bigotry? You may be mistaken.
spendius

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 06:50 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
distinguishing lesbians from gays,

There is a somewhat esoteric school of thought, which claims to have a certain elegance, which does not distinguish on the grounds that they both involve fiddling around with another person's private parts or having one's private parts fiddled around with by another person.

Obviously, the exception is when procreation is a factor and that is off topic on a thread such as this.

The Unisex project can lead nowhere else but to a blending. The forces pitted against such a drift are on the run because, the standout reason, they are bigoted bastards with not a single redeeming characteristic. I don't recall one instance in 10 years on A2K of reading a word being said in their favour.

It is perhaps just as well that free speech is curtailed to a degree although it is something of a handicap to those forces pitted against this languid drift in the direction I have indicated. Their hands are tied by their own restrictions and the advantage is embraced with eagerness by the other side which doesn't realise that the embrace is a validation and concedes the case.

0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 06:54 am
@Setanta,
The only one who has used Christianity as a talking point is you. I don't need to use religion as to why homosexual marriage should not be allowed. There are plenty of other reasons such as being a danger to children, being economically detrimental and it being a deviant lifeatyle choice which is a symptom of a larger mental problem (which is why there's such a massive advocation for those lifestyle choices such as pedophilia, beastiality and polygamy in the homosexual community) among others.

But for the record there's no such thing as a Christian homosexual just like there's no such thing as a Christian rapist.

And I see you're just trying to ignore facts from a website, that just a few minutes earlier you were using to justify your position, but now they have their numbers wrong. That's funny because there would be no backlash for their self reporting to be homosexual as the responses were anonymous.

You have any other excuses for why you still refuse to accept the pedophilia statistics in the homosexual community?
Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 07:15 am
@Shadow X,
You present a series of unsubstantiated claims about the "evils" of homosexuality, and yet you whine about others not providing evidence. Pathetic. You are also making statements about who can and cannot be a christian, without even offering a logical reason for your claim.

Just because you can find websites which will feed you talking points for your hatred doesn't mean you are presenting facts. I didn't say that anyone had their numbers wrong--without straw man fallacies, you'd have no basis for argumentation at all.

As for christian talking points, that's hilarious in light of this post. However, my remark came after you wrote this:

Shadow X wrote:
The only thing you've done is call them christian right wingers... and you haven't even backed that up.

So i asked if you though the Christian Left would hold those views, and provided a link to the Christian Left web site, which clearly shows that they don't. I guess you're not very slick when it comes to online discussions, because you either didn't realize that was a link, or you didn't bother to read it.
Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:41 am
@Setanta,
First of all, unlike you, I've actually provided sources for my claims. You continuously say that I've provided "websites which will ffeed you talking points for your hatred"... I've asked you SEVERAL times. If you take issue with anything those websites are providing evidence for, then tell me which website you're referring to, what it is they're saying that is wrong and tell me why the evidence they're presenting for their case is wrong.

Until then, your claims that my sources are invalid are simply you popping off at the mouth and providing nothing to back up your claim. Again, if my source is wrong, show me why my source is wrong... don't just cry about how it's right wing hate propaganda.

Actually... my remark that you quoted, came after you stated this:
"You used unreliable claims for christian rignt-wing sources, who don't provide their own sources."

So I didn't come up with that idea... you did

As far as the "christian left", there's no such thing as a christian right or left. There is only a christian. Jesus explicitly states this time and again. Christianity is not subjective. Jesus taught a strict doctrine that was not to be deviated from. And having gay sex is deviating from his doctrine. Having marriage between anything except a man and a woman is deviating from his doctrine. The bible explicitly teaches against homosexuality (and rape considering that was part of my original point). I could give a fat babies behind about what the "christian left" says if they disagree with the doctrines teachings and examples of Jesus.

However, none of that matters. Christianity has nothing to do with the point I'm making. I don't need to use christianity in a secular argument with people who don't believe in christianity. It wouldn't do any good anyway because they're just going to cry about how they're not a christian so they don't care. That's why I don't use christianity in a debate with non-christians, because it won't do any good... not to mention I don't need to use christianity to show why homosexual marriage should not be allowed... there are plenty of other reasons for that.

Last... you say my claims are unsubstantiated... I've backed up my claims with MUCH more than you have. I've shown why it's economically detrimental, a deviant lifestyle, and why they're a danger to kids... and unlike you, I actually backed up my claims.

Now before you start crying again about how my sources are invalid... explain what exactly the source is claiming that is invalid and why the evidence they provided is not acceptable.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:50 am
@Shadow X,
statistics clearly show that the significant number pedophiles are hetero men often in positions of trust, like teachers and priests, and lately pediatricians.

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:53 am
@Shadow X,
Jesus never mentions "Christians." You just make this **** up as you do along, don't you?
0 Replies

Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:29 am
@farmerman,
Of course they are because heterosexuals represent ~95% of the total population but only ~74% of the pedophilia. Whereas homosexuals only represent ~4% of the total population but around 26% of the pedophilia.

See the difference and the problem?
Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:38 am
Your 4% figure is notional, estimates vary widely. Furthermore, the figure given in the study which i cited earlier was 11:1, heterosexual to homosexual orientation in child molesters--which comes out to 8.25%, not 26%. However, you have a logical problem here. Even if one were to stipulate your figures for sake of argument (which would be the only reason, as your figures are highly suspect), you show no causation between homosexual marriage and child molestation. Basically, you're just ranting and spewing hatred.
Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:47 am
@Setanta,
No matter how many times you say my numbers are suspect it's not going to make it true. I actually used the SAME exact source you were citing in regards to the % of homosexuals in certain large metropolitan areas and then when you didn't like the number they provided for the total population all of a sudden their numbers were suspect. But when their numbers benefitted your argument they were perfectly fine. Almost every reputable source has the total numbers of homosexuals below 5%. Show me your reputable sources that say otherwise.

Also the department of justice begs to differ with your numbers on homosexual offenders. Even the study you continue to cite (even though u have only read the abstract) states explicitly that homosexuals are twice as likely as a heterosexual to be a pedophile even though their study was paid for by homosexual advocates hoping to get a favorable study. But u wouldn't know that cause u didn't read it.

Btw I am not attempting to show a link between homosexual marriage and pedophilia but with homosexuality itself. The link with marriage then becomes the fact you've given those people with a high propensity to be pedophiles free and legal access to keep a child/victim in their home. It is unacceptable to give someone who is 5times more likely to be a pedophile, unfettered access to a child.
Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:51 am
@Shadow X,
Actually, i have canvassed more than one source on the number of homosexuals in the United States. Once again, you've shown no credible link between which would suggest that homosexuals should not be married because of a high propensity to child molestation. By your "logic," marriage should be abolished altogether, because heterosexuals commit, far and away, more child molestations.
Shadow X

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:23 am
@Setanta,
Lol saying you've canvassed all these numbers doesn't make it true. Provide these credible sources.

And just because you've cried over and over about how my numbers are wrong you've shown nothing from those sources I provided which would indicate they were faulty sources. Saying it over and over again doesn't mean anything.

As far as your last statement that's absurd. The numbers indicate a heterosexual you meet is ~4% likely to be a pedophile where the homosexual you meet is ~50% likely to be a pedophile.

I'm sorry you don't like that but numbers don't lie, homosexual advocates do. Especially ones who are willing to ignore statistics and put children at risk because they refuse to accept reality and prefer political correctness instead.
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:56 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Once again, you've shown no credible link between which would suggest that homosexuals should not be married because of a high propensity to child molestation.

That stuff has nothing to do with why homosexuals shouldn't, can't actually to be scientific, be married. If you put apples in a barrel and label it oranges it doesn't mean they become oranges.

Marriage is an artificial state invented to solve a paradox. There is no paradox concerning homosexuals, children or beasts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:06 pm
@Shadow X,
Quote:
. . . saying you've canvassed all these numbers doesn't make it true.

This applies equally to the anti-homosexual hatred you puke up.

You don't do well with numbers. First you say that homosexuals are responsible for 26% of child molestations, and now you say that half the homosexuals i meet are likely to be paedophiles. What source do you have for that bullshit? Even were that true (and i don't believe it for a moment), it wouldn't alter that by your numbers, heterosexual marriages ought to be outlawed so as not to put children in the homes of potential offenders, because overwhelmingly the potential offenders are heterosexuals. You just don't make sense. No surprise there . . .
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:20 pm
@Setanta,
Have you reached the point where you start a new thread about Shadow X, telling us all not the feed the troll, or are you going to feed him just a little bit longer?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 02:22 pm
Poor Izzy . . . so desperate to pick a fight . . .
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 02:56 pm
@Shadow X,
youre not very good at fraction and decimals are you?
Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:15 pm
He alleges that homosexuals are less than 4% of the population. He also alleges that half the homosexuals one could encounter are paedophiles. That works out to ten to twelve million homosexuals, of which five or six million are paedophiles. They must be capable of massive self-control and restraint, otherwise we'd be seeing millions and millions of molestations every day. The boy is entertaining, though.
0 Replies