Does "author...offensive" mean "launch...offensive"?

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 02:03 am

Context:
FORT WORTH, Texas --- Bill Self paced and cringed, shook his hands and head and eventually just placed his fingers over his eyes. Like most Kansas fans, Self could barely bring himself to watch his Jayhawks author their worst offensive half of his 10-year tenure.

More:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/02/06/tcu-shocks-kansas-cold-shooting-jayhawks-score-13-first-half-points/1897717/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 538 • Replies: 6
No top replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 02:17 am
@oristarA,
Author = head coach of team = head coach of players...Offensive = offense generated = a term for a sports team scoring points...

One of the worse offensive (shooting/scoring) first halves of a game, in his 10 year career as the head coach...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 02:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Sorry, their worst offensive first half of his 10 year career as the head coach...

Author = players, or players play...Offensive = Offense generated = a term for a sports team scoring, or generating points....(scoring opportunities)...etc...

And I would say "he" could barely bring himself...Not "self" could barely bring himself...Or he could barely watch his Jayhawks...
cherrie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
In this case 'Self 'is the persons name, so ' Self could barely etc' is ok, even though it's a bit confusing.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:16 am
@cherrie,
I got ya..you are correct...I did not see that...Thank you...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:31 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Author = head coach of team = head coach of players...Offensive = offense generated = a term for a sports team scoring points...

One of the worse offensive (shooting/scoring) first halves of a game, in his 10 year career as the head coach...

Thanks.

I hope others will come here to discuss.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:29 am
@oristarA,
True...Never a bad idea in hearing how others may interpret that, and getting as many interpretations as you can. It only heightens your own perspectives.

I am sorry. I type in my own style many times. I am going to make a conscious effort in typing grammatically correct when I answer your threads. So that it does not confuse you. Like I have in the edit thread.
0 Replies