• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,633 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Equus

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:20 am
take a class.

Watch lots of Spanish-language TV if it is available in your area. Especially good are children's shows to start with because the vocabulary is simpler.
0 Replies

nemojoan

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:28 pm
thx.. =)
0 Replies

Elle1287

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 05:07 pm
Happy to Help
Hi. I'm a 16 year-old Spanish II student. I'd be more than happy to help you if you want to know the basics - I started Spanish I in August and I'm nearly ready to move on to Spanish III. It's really fun and pretty easy too. There are lots of cognates (words that sound similar in both English and Spanish) that don't make the language seem so overwhelming and alien and the sentence structures are pretty simple too. So reply if there's anything I can help you with.
0 Replies

nemojoan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:43 am
thx.. thx.. It seems that Spanish is very easy for u to learn.. =)
0 Replies

Elle1287

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 01:38 pm
Spanish can get tricky sometimes - conjugations and irregulars are definitely confusing in Spanish II for some people. If you stay focused, though, you'll be fine. I think the most important thing to remember if you're learning by youself is to review a LOT. Without repetition it's quite easy to forget everything you've tried cramming into you brain. You could try something like walking around your house and randomly translating sentences that pop into your head...it usually works for me. Try your best to find a friend you can converse with. My boyfriend is in Spanish IV (he's in my grade, but his school schedule allowed him to begin Spanish early) and thanks to him I know a lot more vocabulary than most people in my class simply by talking to him and picking up words and phrases. I have a ton of Spanish books because I tried learning independently before I got into my class. If any of them had really worked I would mention them to you. The best way to learn is through other people.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:17 pm
Maybe we should have another Spanish thread. There was one in here a while ago. Really, you learn by speaking and hearing and reading it, not in class.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 07:11 pm
Equus wrote:
take a class.

Watch lots of Spanish-language TV if it is available in your area. Especially good are children's shows to start with because the vocabulary is simpler.

Buen idea, tiene que ver dibujos animados. (Watch Cartoons)
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:07 pm
Y escuchar musica en español!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:07 pm
Es una buena idea escuchar musica en español, y motivaré apprender español más.
0 Replies

amolitaliano

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 02:54 pm
You're lucky
You're very lucky you want to learn Spanish. Did you know that 13% of the American population speaks Spanish and in less that 50 years, 50% of the whole American population will speak Spanish, most of them as their first language so Spanish and English will be the two national languages. Isn't that awesome? If you need help I can help you. Spanish is my first language so...

~Ben~
0 Replies