Mr. President, People Are Saying...

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:03 pm
The selling out of the environment began clearly with Reagan, when he put limits on mining reclamation and fired many of the staffers and scientists. but my biggest disappointment was clinton , who was the first to gut superfund by not refunding it. Bush is just piling on. Hes not needed to be bright enough to start new cuts. he has only to let the already policies set in motion by 40, 41, and 42 keep going. weve done such a great job cleaning up streams and lakes that they are now looking to relax standards. however, theres enough grassroots organizations that love the outdoors who wont take prisoners.
i need to hear Kerry say that he will turn environmental enforcement up and refund existing initiatives.
we are not all of a single "borglike' mind. Not everything the GOP does is hateful and not everything the dEMS do is my first choice. Overall, the GOP has failed in its mission, and should be retired as executive.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:35 pm
remind me never to have the stuffed goose at Setanta's house on Christmas! Razz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:09 pm
Re: Prove
pistoff wrote:
"I do not appreciate being called a "HACK" and "LIAR" Husk

If this is a denial, please prove that you are not a hack and a liar.

If you are any kind of sleuth go find where Umbagog, HB, and myself were at and you will see the Umbagog is slinging crapola and broad generalizations of untruths, and Umbagog's failure to read an entire topics before going sideways.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:46 pm
Uh.
"Why didn't you just ask him when he stopped beating his wife?"

I don't know if he has a wife.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:55 pm
Quote:
"There is great skill in knowing how to conceal one's skill."
Francois, duc de La Rochefoucauld
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 11:22 pm
farmerman wrote:
i need to hear Kerry say that he will turn environmental enforcement up and refund existing initiatives.

Here's a couple of quotes from the JohnKerry.com website - A Cleaner Green America:

Quote:
John Kerry believes that addressing the environmental needs of our communities will improve the economic vitality and quality of life of the places where we live and work. Kerry will fight for "Green and Clean Communities" by removing the threat of toxics from our communities, reinvigorating the Superfund cleanup program...

John Kerry understands the connection between air pollution and public health. As President, he will immediately reverse the Bush-Cheney rollbacks of our nation's Clean Air laws, plug loopholes in the laws, and vigorously enforce them. ...adopting an aggressive program to meet ozone and air quality standards, stop acid rain, and reduce mercury emissions. His plan also includes addressing global warming emissions through a combination of innovative programs that will drive technology change and create jobs.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:01 am
Pretty words Piffka, I hope he means it..I've read that site and he sounds great on paper...he's got my vote in any case....looks like bush inc. better find a coke dealer or an intern to speak up and quickly....... :wink:
0 Replies