Mr. President, People Are Saying...

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 06:54 am
That your domestic record is abysmal....
War on terror, stay the course

That you have no exit plan for Iraq

That you are lagging behind in all the polls

That your global approval is next to nothing

That we've lost more jobs on your watch than on Hoovers

That you have on one blue sock and one brown sock

That you have nothing to run on for reelection except the war on terror.
Now, whatever gave you that idea?

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 26
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:29 am
and a tip o' the green hat to ye. I have no disagreement with your well reasoned and presented pre-elegy for this very sad , sorry reason for a chief executive.

He is in desparate need of retirement , dont ya think.Therefore, i solemnly pledge that im gonna do my part to see that he gets it, and he can then join the pantheon of live ex-presidents . When himself is retired, i think we will again have a record number of living ex presidents. wont that be grand?

I really dont think that people 'misunderestimate" him, hes just a moron
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:39 am
farmerman wrote:
and a tip o' the green hat to ye. I have no disagreement with your well reasoned and presented pre-elegy for this very sad , sorry reason for a chief executive.

He is in desparate need of retirement , dont ya think.Therefore, i solemnly pledge that im gonna do my part to see that he gets it, and he can then join the pantheon of live ex-presidents . When himself is retired, i think we will again have a record number of living ex presidents. wont that be grand?

I really dont think that people 'misunderestimate" him, hes just a moron

And that's no blarney. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:46 am
Having kissed the Blarney stone, i would like to offer an expert opinion: the Shrub is just as stuffed full of **** as the proverbial Christmas goose.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:55 am
Although I agree that there needs to be a consistent worldwide fight against terrorism, I think there are meny ways to accomplish that... not necessarily the way Bush is handling it.

AND, I realise that terrorism is not the only important issue facing our nation, and our world. Think about how many people die every day... and think about how many people die in acts of terrorism. I think the media is only out for ratings, and that grossly taints the perspective of what's really going on in the world.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:10 am
good mornin to ye set. may yer corned beef not be too stringy.

i heard a nice wish this aM

the Irish have a refined sense of tragedy
that sustains them through brief periods of happiness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:11 am
I do believe that Mr. W. B. Yeats offered that perceptive description of the wild, untutored Kelt, Boss.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:17 am
Retire? Bush shouldn't retire. He should be tried for crimes against humanity and, when found guilty, executed! Maybe he'll be able to finish his memoirs before the final bullet enters his cranium.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:32 am
So, it was about basketball?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:25 pm
Luck of the Irish?
Don't really know how lucky most Irish are but gw keeps failing upward. When 50% of the Americans still approve of his stewardship, which has been a miserable failure, something is real wrong.

In the past 3 years haven't more people died due to air polution in America than from terrorist attacks?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:30 pm
Bush is responsible for that as well now?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:36 pm
Damn right he is.
Go look up his miserable job regarding the American Environment. If you can defend his actions you are a better Spin Scheister than Rove.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:39 pm
That's because industry waited all this time to start polluting the atmosphere, right? They just knew W. Bush was going to be president someday and they just bidded their time...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:39 pm
Only in Boston, FM . . .
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 04:48 pm
It's pretty clear by now that Bush is a failure in a big way, but people still wail that he is a great man, etc....

Blind loyalty is a serious problem in this country. The blindly loyal, of course, think they will benefit somehow for their loyalty, but in this case, they will end up as much a peasant as the rest of us.

You know, in another thread, Hobitbob chastized me for pointing out that a hack was distorting history, and he suggested that I play nice....

Politely disagree he says, when proving the fiction is what is needed.

Americans just don't seem to understand just how dangerous the situation is out there for ALL of us. Granted, some of us are clued in, and aren't afraid to say so, but there are still vast hoardes of Americans out there that think everything is hunkeydorey. It just doesn't make sense. How can they be so blind to reality? Are they too afraid to see things for what they are? Or are they too arrogant to suppose that they might be guilty for something or another?

You try to help people understand the truth versus the fiction being presented to them, and you get reprimanded for not being civil.

Jeez.

It really is going straight to hell.

I mean, just because some hack is a seasoned member, I have to defer to his superiority here and be nice to him even though he is blatantly lying to make democrats look bad? Like heck I will. When civility means you can't point out people's mistakes or blatant manipulations, then isn't the republic already dead?
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 04:55 pm
In fact, Hobitbob has strongly suggested to me that A2K ain't so hot a site if it preaches censorship. Don't get me wrong here, there are plenty of wonderfully intelligent and sophistated people here, but the rules they go out of their way to remind you of jar somehow with all that sophistication.

Perhaps I am being too critical. I am relatively new here, so I will reserve my judgment regarding this for now.

But as for Bush, what does it take to make people see this guy is dangerously incompent AND possessing an agenda he has never revealed to Americans? How can people stand in support of a moron causing death and destruction? Yea to the Tyrant? How has it come to this? The failure of the American educational system? Sycophancy and nepetism instead of hard work and the American dream? The abandonment of republican and democratic virtues in favor of naked power and wealth? All of the above? And if so, how in God's name will we stop yet another Bush from ascending to the throne all over again? Have we given up all ready?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 04:57 pm
On foot...
The Republic: One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Amerika is an Oligarchy on the verge of becoming a 3rd World Economy and Police State.

McG just keep typing BS and never research for facts. Your credibilty is on par with your hero, shrub the shallow.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 05:33 pm
Umbagog wrote:
It's pretty clear by now that Bush is a failure in a big way, but people still wail that he is a great man, etc....

Blind loyalty is a serious problem in this country. The blindly loyal, of course, think they will benefit somehow for their loyalty, but in this case, they will end up as much a peasant as the rest of us.

You know, in another thread, Hobitbob chastized me for pointing out that a hack was distorting history, and he suggested that I play nice....

Politely disagree he says, when proving the fiction is what is needed.

Americans just don't seem to understand just how dangerous the situation is out there for ALL of us. Granted, some of us are clued in, and aren't afraid to say so, but there are still vast hoardes of Americans out there that think everything is hunkeydorey. It just doesn't make sense. How can they be so blind to reality? Are they too afraid to see things for what they are? Or are they too arrogant to suppose that they might be guilty for something or another?

You try to help people understand the truth versus the fiction being presented to them, and you get reprimanded for not being civil.

Jeez.

It really is going straight to hell.

I mean, just because some hack is a seasoned member, I have to defer to his superiority here and be nice to him even though he is blatantly lying to make democrats look bad? Like heck I will. When civility means you can't point out people's mistakes or blatant manipulations, then isn't the republic already dead?

I do not appreciate being called a "HACK" and "LIAR"
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 05:59 pm
Prove
"I do not appreciate being called a "HACK" and "LIAR" Husk

If this is a denial, please prove that you are not a hack and a liar.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 06:03 pm
Pist, if you have read any of husker's posts here, you would know he is often the voice of reason and moderation for the conservatives. He is sort of the "anti-walter."
Your comment sort of shows how either extreme is equally at fault for shrillness. Why didn't you just ask him when he stopped beating his wife? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies