What's Wrong With This Paragraph?

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 12:37 pm
I just wrote this garbage. How would you word it? What's wrong with it?

In death I was alive. An essence enveloped by a light of love. I felt as a babe in the caring, protective bosom of its mother. It was love eternal. A divine warmth carried me, in gentle, invisible hands, into a fantastic scene: before my eyes the roaring rage of the sun, fixed in the blackness of space, appeared in waves of orange-red flames. Above me a choir of sweet angelic voices seductively called for me to retire to my celestial home. At a distance an assemblage of familiar faces with fine white garments, stationed at the end of curved path, summoned me with outstretched arms toward a broad, towering threshold. At its ends, massive gates were opened wide; supported on either side by two majestic pillars of exquisite gold, reaching high into the eternal obscurity of the universe.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 809 • Replies: 9
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 12:40 pm
Nothing's "wrong" with it - it's just SO wordy.

It exhausts me to ready something like that.

blackfoot yankee

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 01:15 pm
@PUNKEY,
yeah you're right. what else?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 01:53 pm
It is hellishly over-written.
blackfoot yankee

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:54 pm
@contrex,
very true.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 10:48 pm
@blackfoot yankee,
You forgot 'a' where I've added it.

stationed at the end of a curved path
blackfoot yankee

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 06:45 pm
@JTT,
okay. thanks. anything else?
JTT

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 07:16 pm
@blackfoot yankee,
Not really. Do you intend to publish?
blackfoot yankee

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 01:09 am
@JTT,
I want to see if I have the goods first...or if there exist some potential I can't see as yet. That's why I ask.

Also, what of these...?

There are people in this old world of ours that can read as comfortably, and as naturally, from left to right, right to left, top to bottom: For upon our burgeoning minds are the particular cultural rules of language fixed.

...and...

We move on by foot, mostly, on machine, mainly, by air, essentially, and by sea, occasionally. From the aurora glow that inclines to the zenith of day, resting ever so briefly, to the faint gleam that declines into the ground of twilight.

Still too heavy sounding?
blackfoot yankee

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 04:07 pm
@blackfoot yankee,
There must be plenty of wrong in my wording. To me the phrasing seem just plain wrong. I need to know where such mistakes are so please help. Thanks in advance.
0 Replies