ARSENIC IN OUR WATER

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:33 am
agencies all over have tried to establish a maximum contaminant level (MCL) of arsenic in drinking water. However,research has shown that arsenic is ubiquitous, (besides showing up all over) and often exceeds the MCL of 10ppb from natural arsenic sources. Do you have any ideas of the amounts of arsenic are in your water?
If youre on a public supply, there should be (at least in the US) an annual report called "consumer confidence report' which requires your purveyor to discuss any contaminants that show up in its raw water and finished water.

Im busy looking for sources around the country and I just wonder whether anyone has any ideas of their own water company or well supply?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:36 am
@farmerman,
I usually save those yearly notices but fail to read them. Will look in my files.
farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:37 am
@ossobuco,
Thank you thank you. Consumer Confidence for the Albaturkey area?
If you please, you can PM me rather than exose a water company to scurtiny from we in a chat room.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:51 am
@farmerman,
Ok, found it online. There will be more info you will understand better than I do (since I barely look at it).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 10:28 am
Per -

http://www.nrdc.org/greengate/water/drinkingf.asp

No significant levels of arsenic in bay area water.

Cycloptichorn
boomerang

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:03 am
@farmerman,
I don't know the specifics for my area but here's a link to the drinking water section from our DEQ. It probably has the information you're looking for: http://www.deq.state.or.us/wq/dwp/dwp.htm
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:40 am
@farmerman,
Our town's utilities publish the water every month (actually, the results of one examination one month, a different one the next month).

We don't have arsenic in our water (but 112 mg/l calcium Wink )
George

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 12:16 pm
http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/annual/waterreport/2011results/2011results.htm
dalehileman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 12:27 pm
@farmerman,
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&gs_mss=small%20amounts%20of%20ar&cp=37&gs_id=42&xhr=t&q=small+amounts+of+arsenic+good+for+you&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=small+amounts+of+arsenic+good+for+you&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41642243,d.cGE&fp=a9017c0373b80654&biw=1398&bih=781
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 01:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thnk you its all relevant
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 01:17 pm
@boomerang,
yup, I tracked it over on another page-Thanx
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
ours publish monthly to daily on their websites based upon the population sizess. Te "Consumer Confidence Report" is an annual sheet of statistics about a water company"s product wrt these contaminants.
Arsenic is becoming a biggy because they just lowered the standard to 10 ppb in 2006 and now everyone is looking for it
0 Replies

farmerman

@Walter Hinteler,
ours publish monthly to daily on their websites based upon the population sizess. Te "Consumer Confidence Report" is an annual sheet of statistics about a water company"s product wrt these contaminants.
Arsenic is becoming a biggy because they just lowered the standard to 10 ppb in 2006 and now everyone is looking for it
0 Replies

farmerman

@George,
thank you , thank you
0 Replies