What does "on the balls of my ass" mean?

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 07:30 pm
Now Pat is a charmer. His premier investigative skill is talking to people. The man could talk a cat out of a box of mice. He also uses the saltiest damn language of any human I know.
"I was on the balls of my ass too! " he said, explaining how he had been flat broke when a tabloid newspaper offered him a million bucks to spill secret details of OJ's murder case.

What does "on the balls of my ass" mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 7
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 07:44 pm
@Justin Xu,
I'd never heard that expression, but it must mean really down and out.

Found this song on youtube....

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 07:50 pm
I hadn’t heard it put quite that way either, now I’ve heard of balls slapping someone’s ass but that’s a whole other issue Razz. I’m guessing it most likely means they were “up a creek without a paddle.”
JTT

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 03:48 am
@Justin Xu,
Possibly, though I don't say this with the greatest assurance, being flat broke could also mean being hungry. Being hungry could mean being not well fed which could cause the bony protrusions of one's posterior to stick out somewhat.

JTT

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 04:24 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Possibly, though I don't say this with the greatest assurance, being flat broke could also mean being hungry. Being hungry could mean being not well fed which could cause the bony protrusions of one's posterior to stick out somewhat.

I don't mean that this is a literal meaning for this situation.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 06:51 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I hadn’t heard it put quite that way either, now I’ve heard of balls slapping someone’s ass but that’s a whole other issue Razz.

You've heard of, or you've heard it? Surprised

I too, have heard of it.....or something.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 07:22 am
The expression here is "he's on the bones of his arse". It represents advice to not extend credit to someone.

I have never heard it applied to ladies probably because most of them are well padded in the department under scrutiny. Nor have I heard it used to apply to the person saying it about himself.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 09:39 am
@Justin Xu,
Another site states that it is from a Spanish saying, "desnudo y en pelotas."

Basically, so poor that you have no clothes.
0 Replies