He says sarcastic remarks and then turns it around on me.

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 07:48 pm
So he will say something sarcastic to me like earlier he was showing me a website that he was working on. I said it looked really nice and he said it wasn't finished yet. I said I can't wait to see it and he then sarcastically came back with the comment that the only way I will see it when its done is by going on my own computer and going on the website. He meant by this I wont be in his life then for me to show it to me. My feelings got hurt and I when I went to just sit by myself and I was upset he said asked me if I was having one of my bipolar episodes again. I feel like he does this to me all the time says something sarcastic and this turns it around on me. He will say things like I told you all woman are the same they just want to be unhappy or cause drama and he was the one who said the sarcastic remark that all I was doing was reacting too. Im not perfect in anyway. I love him and he is my best friend. Just sometimes I dont know what to think or do when he is sarcastic or turns things around on me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,543 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:58 am
@JLPadron86,
He's an asshole.

Why are you hanging around with someone who would be such a dick to you?
chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:16 am
@jespah,
I so do not understand people who tell about all the crazy **** someone is doing to them, not as a one time thing, but as a constant part of their relationship, and then say things like

"but I love him, he's my best friend"

What the hell is there to love about someone who does that, male or female?

To the OP, I invite you to do something here, I mean write it out here.

List #1
The things you specifically love him for....I'll rephrase that, the things he Currently is/does that cause you to love him....not the things you want him to be.

Ditto for writing a list as to why this person is "your best friend"

Then list all the nasty crazy **** he's doing, and ask yourself "why would I love someone like that? Why would someone like that be any sort of friend to me, let alone a best friend?

Don't get me wrong, all of us go through bumps in the road, where we may treat someone badly, they things get worked out and things get better, or they don't.
Is this a bump, or is this the way this person has mostly always been?

And why the hell are you going off someplace quietly to sit and stew? Open your mouth and stand up to him.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:34 am
@jespah,
sigh.

There seem to be an awful lot of people who stay with an abusive partner. There are so many posts about this type of thing every day on here.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:40 am
@JLPadron86,
Quote:

So he will say something sarcastic to me like earlier he was showing me a website that he was working on. I said it looked really nice and he said it wasn't finished yet. I said I can't wait to see it and he then sarcastically came back with the comment that the only way I will see it when its done

Either one of two things is likely happening:
1. You're boyfriend perceives that you're not that genuinely interested in what he's doing regarding the website work and it's hurting him that you're faking interest in it;
OR
2. He's super insecure about what he's doing (perchance is he in fact unemployed?) and he's projecting his insecurities and fears onto you, (the likeliest of the two scenarios)?

Either way, it seems you and him shouldn't be together. It sounds like you're in a dangerous co-dependent relationship and that you're his rag doll to beat up on emotionally.

If I were you, I'd read Chai's response and MEMORIZE it! Assimilate it. Follow through with it and cross your T's and dot all of your I's. I believe you'd find that he's not much of a friend at all.
chai2 wrote:

And why the hell are you going off someplace quietly to sit and stew? Open your mouth and stand up to him.

I'd add one more step... Dump the jackass already. If he's an insecure asshole dumping his worries and anger onto you then he doesn't deserve your support. And as Chai had mentioned perfectly, you haven't sold us on why you should consider him a valid best friend. Why should you continue to suffer his goofy and irrational wrath?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:53 am
@JLPadron86,
You two are a bad combination: he is impatient and you are too sensitive to what other people say.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:15 pm
she's not coming back.

she doesn't want to make waves, and it's too distressing to try to think of she loves this guy, beyond "but he's so good to me, when he's not being an asshole"

0 Replies

dk86

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:23 pm
@JLPadron86,
Nobody needs to be with a person that downs them and make them feel less than a person. Get away from, he's negative and nobody needs negative energy around then.
0 Replies

kellyjones8

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 03:08 am
@JLPadron86,
dont bother now but if he keeps on doing this then it is the time you take it seriously
0 Replies