Are Turks Caucasian?

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 10:06 am
As far as I know (from what my history teacher told me) Turks are heavily mixed with Armenians, Greeks and who else lived in Anatolia, they have like 5% Altaic genes. I remember reading a study done about that. According to the study the average Turkish person is only 1-3% Mongoloid. Put into consideration that the average European has about the same percentage of non-European genes then you can base your opinion on that fact.

Moreover, I have a friend who's half-German and half-Turkish. He looks like a regular German.

Setanta

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 11:21 am
No . . . people who live in the Caucasus Mountains are Caucasians, and they're the only people who are Caucasian. Sure the Turks have an Altaic heritage, it's where they came from about 15,000 years ago. Anyone who told you they have "Altaic genes" was blowing smoke, there's no such thing. Based on their language, the Turks originated in the Altai Mountains some 15,000 to 16,000 years ago. So did the Japanese and the Koreans, for that matter.

Try not to get obsessed over what people call race. All of us are just one race--the human race.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 11:26 am
@cicibebe,
You truly are a bore. Either you really are THAT a person so obsessed with race that you think more about race then the most active members of the KKK or its equal opposite, the Black Panther Party here in the US OR your a boorish ineffectual and LAZY troll who really needs a life or more appropriate internet to troll, say 4chan.org.

If it's the former, seek medical help ASAP. I believe they have medicine that just might help you literally think about something else. If it's the latter, just go away. If you want to stay, go get some therapy and some medication to help reduce your antisocial compulsions.
cicibebe

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
You mentioned 2 possibility. I believe there are more than 2. 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.?
Perhaps, just perhaps, I am mix of these character traits that you've mentioned in your post.
tsarstepan

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:35 pm
@cicibebe,
You're really not that complicated (or at least you don't depict yourself as such hence the troll possibility).
cicibebe

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
What authority do you have to define me?
timur

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
Cibebe wrote:
Are Turks Caucasian?

No, they are British.

As do the Caicos..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:52 pm
@cicibebe,
Self-appointed....
Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 02:33 pm
Besides what set wrote (Caucasians really just live in that mountain region called Caucasus Mountains, Kafkas in Turkish)),besides that, there isn't THE Turk living in Turkey. The number of different groups that have populated Anatolia and still live there is ... great.
Lustig Andrei

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 02:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Very true, Walter. I once knew a Turkish woman who looked Scandinavian, if anything. But she was 100 % Turkish, a contract interpreter of Turkish at the US State Department. She was surprised that I would be surprised at her physical appearance. "Why, what did you think Turks looked like?" she asked me.
0 Replies

cicibebe

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 03:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
OK. What's wrong with "curiosity"? I am only "curious" about races, and explanation&research of them in terms of science and history. Saying this is obsession (hinting at the fact that I am mentally disturbed), is absolutely not a nice thing. You don't know me well enough, so any judgment you make is doubtful. How can you dare to judge people, interpreting what they post on the internet?
ossobuco

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 04:18 pm
@cicibebe,
Our combined judgements (that's the way I spell it) seem to be that you zero in on groups you don't like. At the least, you tend to categorize people or be fishing for others to categorize people.

I used to do that, and I don't mean this to be insulting, when I was fourteen. I was very sheltered when I was fourteen.
I didn't know much but was very interested and had just started read a lot.

Your whole preoccupation about race is an exercise in categorizing millions.
I hope you work out of that.
0 Replies