I need an obsession . . .

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 05:27 pm
@shewolfnm,
That's a close guess, he or she is especially unusual or rigid. I don't happen to have him or her on ignore.

In the meantime I think it is Set who thinks Foofie is Miller.
This time I don't agree with him.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
gotcha.

I guess I just have to learn my way around the new characters Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:27 pm
@Setanta,
Clearly you have one that meets your definition...yourself.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 11:14 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

That's a close guess, he or she is especially unusual or rigid. I don't happen to have him or her on ignore.

In the meantime I think it is Set who thinks Foofie is Miller.
This time I don't agree with him.

I was hoping for "unique." Foofie is a New Yorker. Miller is somewhere in New England. I think Setanta is in Canada, even though he originated in the Bronx.

In the future please say nice things about me, when talking about me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 12:32 pm
Speaking of obsessions, can we talk here about what the line is or does it need it's own thread.
Two cats, okay, three cats, okay, six cats ~obsession.

Two dolls, okay, six dolls, okay, sixteen hundred dolls~ Obsession.

One gun, okay>>>>>>>>........

Joe(then what?)Nation
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 01:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Wait, I fudged, he or she has been on my ignore list in the past.

That's the thing - a few people are on my ig list permanently (unless of course they haven't posted in four years or some such and then they're erased), and a bunch are there temporarily, to give myself an anti-irritation pause. Sort of like a salve for a rash.
In those situations I'm not permanently aggravated by their existence, and their cases are apt to come up for review.
This could be a problem for me with Robert's mentioned new ignore system (not yet implemented, at least that I know of) - where the ignoree won't see you either.
My tendency to bounce on it, which works for me, would leave the ignoree thinking I left for Spain (I wish) - and then kept showing up again.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:11 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Speaking of obsessions, can we talk here about what the line is or does it need it's own thread.
Two cats, okay, three cats, okay, six cats ~obsession.

Two dolls, okay, six dolls, okay, sixteen hundred dolls~ Obsession.

One gun, okay>>>>>>>>........

Joe(then what?)Nation

I believe it is all subjective, since one person's obsession could make another person an "aficianado," in one's mind.

Then there's the question of whether an obsession is really "over-zealousness." The two might stem from different causes.

Was this thread really meant for a humorous effect? My literalness might be an obsession to only see things literally, or it can be I have an obsession about being "serious"?

Since we are on this forum, is the "ignore button" an indication of an obsession over one's tolerance for ambiguity (of a poster not subscribing to one's viewpoint, perhaps?).
George

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:21 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
. . . Was this thread really meant for a humorous effect? . . .
Yeah, but these things tend to take on a life of their own.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:26 am
To clear some of the bullshit out, this is a satire. Idiots, not unlike Foofie, go from thread to thread, and site to site, looking for the opportunity to vent their obsessive rants, usually based on bigotry. That's what the thread is about; that's all the thread is about.
Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:05 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

To clear some of the bullshit out, this is a satire. Idiots, not unlike Foofie, go from thread to thread, and site to site, looking for the opportunity to vent their obsessive rants, usually based on bigotry. That's what the thread is about; that's all the thread is about.

"Site to site"? Not I. "Obsessive rants"? And you have a Phd in psychology to make such judgements? I would guess not.

This thread might have been initiated to be "satire"; however, if posters take it seriously, then the satiric purpose is gone. When one starts a thread, one takes one's chances that it will live up to one's expectations. But, if it doesn't, then that's the way it is on A2K. It might upset (see above) the thread's initiator, but that happens in the world of cyberspace posting.

Taking the thread onto a reverse track is humorous. The old reverse cartoon effect.

0 Replies