Why do I do this?

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 09:58 pm
I feel like I'm being slowly alienated from everyone but I'm the one that's doing it. I can't stand being around people, and when I am around people I can't strike up a convo with anyone, and when I'm at a party I feel like I can't relax and let loose. Is it bad that I do this or should I just get professional help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 730 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:27 am
@rawtape133,
Well, one thing you should rule out is depression. But keep in mind, in the Northern Hemisphere (if you're in the Southern, my apologies for the assumption), it's drab and icky and so you might be experiencing Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's a very real syndrome. Fortunately, the treatment is light. I have a small full-spectrum light that I bought on Amazon that can plug into a USB port, and I can honestly tell you that it helps.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 02:09 pm
Is this something new or is your personality one of being the introvert. There is nothing wrong with NOT being the life of the party.

If this is something new and you are feeling more and more anxious about being around people, please seek help. It may be an anxiety disorder cropping up.

May I ask how old are you?
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:26 am
This answers some of the questions http://able2know.org/topic/205907-1#post-5224725
0 Replies