The Gun Fight in Washington. Your opinons?

JTT

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
We've got more guns than anyone anywhere else...and we are one of the most crime ridden nations on the planet

And you export those guns and crimes to poor nations the world over simply to cause pain and suffering.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:44 am
@JTT,

For those of you that are a little slow: More legal guns equal less crime.

Disarming law abiding citizens spreads death and misery.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:46 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5236755)
Quote:
We've got more guns than anyone anywhere else...and we are one of the most crime ridden nations on the planet

And you export those guns and crimes to poor nations the world over simply to cause pain and suffering.

If we are exporting guns to poor nations...I doubt seriously that it is "simply to cause pain and suffering." A more likely reason is to make more money for some already wealthy person here...who doesn't give a rat's ass about how the guns are used.

Your unnecessary hyperbole hurt your argument, JTT.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:48 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Re: JTT (Post 5236767)

For those of you that are a little slow: More legal guns equal less crime.

For those of you who truly are "slow"...if more legal guns equals less crime--we would have less crime by far than any other country, because we have more legal guns than any other country.

Jeez!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, by the way...we DO NOT have less crime than other countries...

...we have MORE crime than they do.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:51 am
@Frank Apisa,

FrankA, why don't you take a seat right over there?

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:56 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
You would undo any acts that set up the dictatorship in the first place throw in even more safe guards into the government system and restarted the government at that point I would assume.

Who exactly would do the undoing? I know you didn't mean me by "you" but each of us might think you are addressing us separately. Restarting the government from a smoking ruin is not quite like restarting it in theory. I know it looks easy from your front window.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5236777)

Really?

Is that because the bumper stickers say so?
parados

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:18 am
@BillRM,
Bill....
you live in a dream world.

If citizens rebelled they would find themselves quickly left out to dry by other citizens that have no desire to rebel. Recent history is full of splinter groups that convinced themselves they could start a revolt in the US and overthrow the government. Those groups are in jail or still trying to plan. There is no large scale uprising to be found anywhere in the country Bill.

Trust me. People value their lives far more than they value letting 10% of the country have assault weapons.
JTT

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:23 am
@parados,
Quote:
Trust me.

Given your highly mendacious nature, your proclivities to paradosing, that's much too big a leap of faith.

Though on this issue, you are most likely correct.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

Really?

Yes, disarming law abiding citizens spreads death and misery.

Really.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:39 am
@H2O MAN,
compellingdebate strategy, merely repeat the previous post in the affirmative
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 09:40 am
@farmerman,
shriveled up and useless, formerman.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 10:15 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5236796)
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

Really?

Yes, disarming law abiding citizens spreads death and misery.

Really.

Stop reading bumper stickers, H2zO, they are screwing with your mind. Try book instead...although best you start with something easy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:05 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
shriveled up and useless
Ill bet that you dont even miss it though.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:11 am
@parados,
Quote:
rust me. People value their lives far more than they value letting 10% of the country have assault weapons.

We were not talking about so call assault weapons bans we was talking about the government becoming a dictatorship as far as overthrowning of the government being call for and you seems to be following the example of Farmerman if you can not attack what a person real positions happen to be let make up a few silly positions to attacked.

A so call assault rifles ban is annoying and unconstitutional however it is meaningless as far as a disarming the american people as such weapons are no more deadly then most others types of modern rifles and would hardly call for a full scale rebellion.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:17 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

We are not talking about so call assault weapons bans we was (sic) talking about the government becoming a dictatorship and you seems to be following the example of Farmerman if you can not attack what a person real positions happen to be let make up a few to attacked.

How many times do you have to be told that 'WE" are the government...WE, the people, elect the government. Our votes do it. WE are the government.

A democracy is, in effect, ALWAYS a dictatorship...WE are telling ourselves what we can and cannot do. In effect, WE dictate what we can do and not do.

I don't agree with Spendius on most things...but he has set that out there for you a half dozens times, Bill. When are you finally going to get it?
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:30 am
@spendius,
Quote:
government from a smoking ruin is not quite like restarting it in theory. I know it looks easy from your front window.

It been done before around the world and depending on all the details of what had occur the state governments would likely be intact at least mostly as the same foundation to be build on as was done in 1787.

Lot more safeguards in fact layer on top of layers of safeguards and the resulting Federal government might look more like the articles of confederation then what the US have now.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
H
Quote:
ow many times do you have to be told that 'WE" are the government...WE, the people, elect the government. Our votes do it. WE are the government.

A democracy is, in effect, ALWAYS a dictatorship...WE are telling ourselves what we can and cannot do. In effect, WE dictate what we can do and not do.

Nonsense that what the bill of rights is all about there are any numbers of things that the majority of the people can not just order done under the constitution at least unless you can talk a super majority of the people to change the Constitution.

An if the Federal government go outside the constitution then to that degree it is an illegal government.

So no not even if the news media can get 51 percents of the people voting to ban firearms that is not good enough.

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:55 am
@BillRM,
Look Bill--you have called for half the population to rise up against any dictator who sallies forth and you have not the faintest idea what such a struggle would look like. Your OWS movement was dispersed with a few pepper sprays.

If Congress passed disarming you all, with no buy-back, and the President signed it you would either capitulate, as most "law-abiding" citizens would obviously do, or be a criminal with sanctions of a severity to match the threat.

As guns would become rarer and rarer with time your un-disciplined rump of headbangers would be reduced to a last stand on the Sierra Madre.

I can tell you are itching to give it a go. So are some of the others. They have their quota of "make my day" guys as well.