The Gun Fight in Washington. Your opinons?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:39 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Any private citizen can sell their used guns without any background checks.

Who is responsible for disciplining the well-regulated militia requited in the 2nd amendment and Heller?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
People could order a background check on anyone just by pretending there was a private gun sale happening.

I guess that people who want to sell guns will have to figure out a way to prove there are gun sales taking place.

That's their responsibility - certainly the NRA has enough money to help develop a plan for this.

You want to sell guns - find a way to prove you're doing so.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:42 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
without the inconvenience of complying with federal law.

that way of thinking (not by you) just makes me gag
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:43 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Just give it enough time and the whole furor will die down.

one more news cycle to go
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Anyway, I intend to move to Florida in the near future.

You should feel right at home, Om - lots of snakes invading the swamps there. The only difference between you and them is that those are the useful kind.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:32 am
@Setanta,
Y'all are highly skilled at dancing around a lot of elephants. Having lived your whole lives inside a Potemkin village, it's not at all surprising your delusional nature.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:42 am
Seems to me that ALL guns sales should be conducted under governmental supervision. It makes no sense to make laws requiring certain precautions by gun dealers...and then allow guns sales between private individuals.

Maybe the law on that should be that the state has to be an intermediary in ALL gun sales...even individual to individual...with the cost being borne by the individuals involved.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Seems to me that ALL guns sales should be conducted under governmental supervision.

Makes perfect sense, Frank. The Soviet Union turns capitalist and the US goes communist.

Quote:
It makes no sense to make laws requiring certain precautions by gun dealers...and then allow guns sales between private individuals.

That's been the fatal flaw of the US from the get go. Pretending that individuals could actually make rational decisions. Of course that's always been the line but history tells something much different.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:20 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5231659)
Quote:
Seems to me that ALL guns sales should be conducted under governmental supervision.

Makes perfect sense, Frank. The Soviet Union turns capitalist and the US goes communist.

I understand you not liking the idea, JTT...but I fail to see how this trips us over into communism. Can you fill in the blanks?
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I understand you not liking the idea, JTT..

You understanding, now that's a hoot, Frank.

Quote:
but I fail to see how this trips us over into communism. Can you fill in the blanks?

Why would a guy like you, possessed of a mind like a steel trap, need any blanks filled in?
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
from reading your posts , I believe you have a Frank Apisa complex on this subject and are quite sanguine about your beliefs.

Why bother .

I think that a multigenerational trend will begin in which aspects of the 2nd AMendment will have to change because its clauses are all outdated.

As a militia with weapons protecting against a military takeover, we should more be focused on convincing the members of the army (our own kids) that they are acting in noones best interest . If we have moved so far into a brave new world where the lovers of the child
killers will trade the safety of their children with some possible additional design mods to the National Firearms ACt, then what kind of country has this become. We need some order and freedom, not chaos
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
the 94 assault weapons ban lasted 10 years until the GOP, congress subsidized by the NRA, since 1977, an armm of the gun industry, allowed it to "Sunset"

Standing around claiming that Congress doesnt have the cojones DOES NOT remove the responsibility from you the voter. If they piss you off, fuckin get out the vote.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:53 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5231678)
Quote:
I understand you not liking the idea, JTT..

You understanding, now that's a hoot, Frank.

Quote:
but I fail to see how this trips us over into communism. Can you fill in the blanks?

Why would a guy like you, possessed of a mind like a steel trap, need any blanks filled in?

Does that mean you don't want to fill in the blanks; you cannot fill in the blanks; or there are no blanks to fill in because the comment was nonsense.

Don't spend a lot of time on this, JTT...and if the correct answer is the third option, you don't even have to bother. I am pretty sure it is the third option...but you probably will have some trouble acknowledging that it is...so just let it be and I will presume that to be the correct option.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Re: Lustig Andrei (Post 5229554)
from reading your posts , I believe you have a Frank Apisa complex on this subject and are quite sanguine about your beliefs.

Why bother .

I think that a multigenerational trend will begin in which aspects of the 2nd AMendment will have to change because its clauses are all outdated.

As a militia with weapons protecting against a military takeover, we should more be focused on convincing the members of the army (our own kids) that they are acting in noones best interest . If we have moved so far into a brave new world where the lovers of the child
killers will trade the safety of their children with some possible additional design mods to the National Firearms ACt, then what kind of country has this become. We need some order and freedom, not chaos

Boy, I really wish I could think of something clever as a retort...if a retort is due. I cannot even figure that out! This goddam getting old is for the birds.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Frank Apisa
... was listening too fast, catching all the words but then the meaning going past
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:11 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Standing around claiming that Congress doesnt have the cojones DOES NOT remove the responsibility from you the voter. If they piss you off, fuckin get out the vote.

Wow, you found Jesus on this non-issue, Farmer. The slaughter of millions, well, you'd rather just keep sleeping in on Sundays.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
then what kind of country has this become.

You need to ask, you need to mount this phony posturing. Pitiful, Farmer, just pitiful!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:56 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5231725)

Frank Apisa
... was listening too fast, catching all the words but then the meaning going past

I'm not even going to ask what this means. I will presume that the original remark was just nonsense.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 02:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You have to make this huge presumptions/assumptions, Frank, just to keep up your pretense that you have a grasp on things.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 03:42 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5231805)
You have to make this huge presumptions/assumptions, Frank, just to keep up your pretense that you have a grasp on things.

Depending upon what is being "grasped"...I doubt you do.