The Gun Fight in Washington. Your opinons?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 04:40 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Why don't you leave Andrei? With posts like that I can't see what you wish to stay for.

Happens to be my thread, you may notice. But I just check it from time to time now. I sure ain't staying with all these blokes blathering on, apparently under a delusion that any of them have anything of importance to say. Sad.

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 04:43 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Laughing your thread...

0 Replies

dano599

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 05:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What I think will happen is this. New gun laws will be passed that will do absolutely nothing to help this situation. How can the government legislate this away , I think is impossible. In my opinion all this will do is create more restrictions and red tape, and possibly worsening the economy by hampering the shooting industries, shooting sports enthusiasts, honest citizens that hunt, and or like to participate in shooting sports, and do nothing to curb the bad guys and crazies that will not care about anyone or anything on the way to their all out killing rampage.

Let's be honest , what can we do to stop this? Like you said the so-called brady bill did nothing, and all the laws passed prior did nothing. Can we put in some legislation that will help with mental health today and regulate the people as to who is or who isn't sane enough or mentally competant enough to do this type of activity or that type? I'm not trying to make light of this deadly serious situation, but what some people are suggesting for a solution would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

I do not know the answer. Is there possibly some solution that would work to the satisfaction of everyone? Maybe a society that would try to be more humane to each other. Is there any one thing or alot of little things we could do ? Maybe declare Marshall Law? All I know is that we are legislating ourselves to death and not changing a thing for the better. What can we do ? What do you think Lustig Andrei?
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't bother about whose thread it is Andrei. I had a few threads myself and it didn't bother me whether anybody bothered about anything so trivial as them being my thread. I don't like muck sweats.

In fact I wasn't bothered about them not bothering about who owned the threads. If I had been I would be bothered about why I was bothered by such things.

Imagine in a pub somebody starting a conversation about what a tuttle Mr Obarmy is and then claiming to have the right to conduct the subsequent discussion.

Newtown was always going to be the subject of a thread/s. What difference does it make who started it? You asked what we think didn't you?

This is what we think looks like. If you don't like it don't ask silly questions.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:20 pm
@dano599,

I wouldn't say the existing laws did nothing.

For the most part, background checks have gotten better and NFA items do require additional legal requirements and expenditure before they can be legally owned. Firearm training and safety is way, way up and this is a good thing.

Shooting sports, hunting and such are great, but the #1 reason to own a firearm in America is to prevent a tyrannical government from oppressing it's citizens, that's why the constitutional right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

NO, declaring marshal law would only set something into motion that none of us except the hard core criminal element and anti-freedom crowd would benefit from. I think simplifying the laws and working at disarming criminals would be a much better approach.

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
"Better" again. Jeeze!!

You will get a tyrannical government just as soon as one becomes necessary and there will be **** all you can do about it.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:26 pm
@spendius,
Spendi, you make no sense and I've come to expect that from you.

Take a deep cleansing breath and try to make your point clearly.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:37 pm

Guns have been an important part of this countries history
since the late 1400's and that's not ever going to change.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:20 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You will get a tyrannical government just as soon as one becomes necessary and there will be **** all you can do about it.

LOL you are the one living in a nation who government could turn on you in a second and treat you in the same manner they treated the citizens of Ireland for a generation or more.

No trial needed and torture thrown in beside and no one safe in their own homes.

Not a damn thing you could do about it as unlike the US you do not have a 150 millions arms citizens.

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:29 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Everyone get out of my little sandbox. I want to play with the cat poo.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 05:39 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Spendi, you make no sense and I've come to expect that from you.

In this context

Quote:
For the most part, background checks have gotten better

is foam from the mouth.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 05:55 am
@H2O MAN,
Disarming criminals is ridiculous; (unless u kill them,
thay will re-arm). Men have been making guns by hand
for many CENTURIES b4 electric tools were available
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 06:14 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

LOL you are the one living in a nation who government could turn on you in a second and treat you in the same manner they treated the citizens of Ireland for a generation or more.

No trial needed and torture thrown in beside and no one safe in their own homes.

Not a damn thing you could do about it as unlike the US you do not have a 150 millions arms citizens.

I can't say that the thought of that has ever crossed my mind.

In the event of 150 million citizens going into battle against the government you would have no supplies in the shops, no electricity and no communications. Right away. And if such a push came to such a shove as that very few of the 150 million would be doing any fighting. Money would cease to exist. The DOW as well. State lines would be obliterated. Suburbs would be sitting ducks. Jet planes would trash all the key bridges. You would be begging for a tyrant in a week. At the most.

It's easy to talk about when it isn't happening. You're just indulging in a fantasy to try to show what a tough guy you are. A free ride fantasy. Are you imagining leading this citizen army yourself? I see you have a couple of up-thumbers who will join your brigade of freedom fighters. And Oralloy, David and H2O can be counted upon. I think. Bill O'Reilly would **** his trousers. The prisons would empty.

I once bought a hold-all containing £100,000 Nigerian currency notes off a mercenary for £50. Just for fun. I sold it to a guy who was intending papering his snooker room with them.

Our Queen protects us from that sort of thing.

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 06:43 am
@spendius,
Quote:
n the event of 150 million citizens going into battle against the government you would have no supplies in the shops, no electricity and no communications. Right away. And if such a push came to such a shove as that very few of the 150 million would be doing any fighting. Money would cease to exist. The DOW as well. State lines would be obliterated. Suburbs would be sitting ducks. Jet planes would trash all the key bridges. You would be begging for a tyrant in a week. At the most.

Nonsense the government do not run power plants and such infrastructure civilians do and there is not enough troops to control all of it and jet planes need bases and supplies such as jet fuel coming in to them. All of which could be block by a large scale uprising.

They need railroads and truckers to move tanks around the country and so on. I would hate to try to move on the national highway system when there are a hundred thousands or so snipers waiting for you to roll by at a thousand plus yards away from the highway. Way out of the engagement range of a M16 who have a 300 yard engagement envelope .

Next ten percent of a 150 millions is 15 millions and that is one hell of lot more arms citizen then the government have agents and troops under arm.

Citizens would have heavy war equipment within days either by seizing such at national guard bases and such or having the troops themselves come over with the equipment.

Unlike you in good old completely disarm England we could overthrown our government in a matter of a week or so to maybe a month.

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 06:51 am
@BillRM,
You love it don't you Bill? You have it all thought out I see.

You silly sod.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:01 am
@spendius,
Quote:
ou love it don't you Bill? You have it all thought out I see.

You silly sod.

I deal with the silliness before that the state is all powerful and can not be fought due to it control of the military and such.

Strange all around the world people had overthrown their governments and most of them did not start with half of the citizens being armed.

Oh you can not rule a country from a war plane at 30,000 feet or enforced your rulings either you need boots on the ground to do that and good luck in doing that in the US against the wishes of 150 millions armed citizens.
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:04 am
@BillRM,
The wishes of the 150 million would be at extreme cross-purposes. What would they do when they had won?

Have a Constitutional Conference I suppose the last one having self-evidently failed.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:41 am
@spendius,
T
Quote:
he wishes of the 150 million would be at extreme cross-purposes. What would they do when they had won?

Have a Constitutional Conference I suppose the last one having self-evidently failed.

You would undo any acts that set up the dictatorship in the first place throw in even more safe guards into the government system and restarted the government at that point I would assume.

Oh and do some hangings as a warning to anyone else that would think of trying to set up such a dictatorship in the future.

Next the first attempt to set up the US form of government were not a completed failure as the second amendment safe guard resulted in such an illegal government not living very long.

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:19 am
http://www.americanmethod.com/assets/images/items/More_Guns_Less_Crime_oval_sticker.png
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:26 am
@H2O MAN,
http://www.americanmethod.com/assets/images/items/More_Guns_Less_Crime_oval_sticker.png

SURE!!!

We've got more guns than anyone anywhere else...and we are one of the most crime ridden nations on the planet.

So much for that idea.