I feel somewhat "bad" when I see a white girl dating outside her race

ggfy

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 08:35 am
Perhaps, I am a racist. I don't like racism at all. But I think, feeling bad when I see a white girl dating outside her race makes me racist. I apologize for my internalized racism.

I am not exactly Caucasian by the way. I look like a Caucasian guy but I am not exactly. Plus, I am not from the US or Europe.

This is rather serious thread/thread. How can I stop feeling bad when seeing a white girl dating/marrying outside her race?

tsarstepan

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 08:48 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:

This is rather serious thread/thread. How can I stop feeling bad when seeing a white girl dating/marrying outside her race?

That's your problem. Not the girl's problem. At least you are addressing the issue.

Perhaps you truly need therapy to work out your well ingrained and LEARNED prejudices. Seriously. You need to start by checking your thoughts at the door. If you feel yourself to start thinking these racist thoughts when you encounter these common occurrences then you need to stop yourself. Force yourself to think of something else.

These thoughts tend to be born out of jealousy. Perhaps you need to actually find yourself a girlfriend. If you had someone in a relationship then these highly negative and destructive thoughts would preoccupy your time less and less.
0 Replies

George

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:25 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:
Perhaps, I am a racist. . .
No "perhaps" about it.
You are most definitely a racist.
Foofie

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:34 am
I would guess that some children have a problem with mixing finger paints. This might be similar to some children not liking to mix their foods on their plates, but eating each food separately. Regardless, finger paints that are mixed make beautiful colors, and foods that are eaten together make delicious meals.

I hope I have answered your concerns.

P.S. And, mixed race couples often have adorable children. That's the prize in any marriage, in my opinion; adorabe children (just about all children are adorable; evolution's way of protecting children if they become orphans, I believe).
0 Replies

George

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:34 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:
. . . I apologize for my internalized racism. . .
Your post makes it externalized racism.
And your apology is insincere.
0 Replies

George

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:35 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:
. . . This is rather serious thread/thread. . .
No, it's bullshit.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:40 am
@George,
George wrote:

ggfy wrote:
Perhaps, I am a racist. . .
No "perhaps" about it.
You are most definitely a racist.

Well, let's take a minute to think about this.

I generally define words like 'racist' or 'bigot' by looking at someone's words or actions; not their internal feelings. Sometimes people feel a certain way, but don't know why they feel that way. Which is exactly what this poster said.

At least this poster is aware of the problem, discussing the problem, and seeking relief for the problem. In my experience, most bigots and racists don't think their beliefs are a problem at all.

Cycloptichorn
tsarstepan

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 11:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

At least this poster is aware of the problem, discussing the problem, and seeking relief for the problem. In my experience, most bigots and racists don't think their beliefs are a problem at all.

Cycloptichorn

You're right Cycloptichorn. What matters is what happens after he is informed of the problem and the possible solutions. The important thing is what the poster does with that information. If nothing happens then all of his apologies and serious discussions are worthless. If there is an actual change of belief system and thinking then we have progress.
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 11:44 am
It's sexism, too.

Why, exactly, is it women's choices that are the OP's issues? Does he (she? I bet he) give a damn if a white man dates a woman of a dissimilar race? I bet he doesn't. These thoughts that women shouldn't do these things smells like - select one -
  1. Maybe the OP thinks women can't think for themselves
  2. Or women are weak and need to be protected from skeery black, Asian and Latino men
  3. Or white women should set themselves aside for white men, regardless of their (the women's) feelings, desires or prospects
  4. Or when white women date outside their race it's awful, but when black, Asian and Latino women do so, it's - what? An improvement? Social climbing? A desire to lighten their children's skin tones and perhaps, I dunno, better themselves?
  5. Or when white men date outside their race, are they under the wicked, witchy spells of these women of color, unable to control their impulses?

Or is it something else?
tsarstepan

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 12:07 pm
@jespah,
That type of sexism is also part of the all women are whores, (except my mother, very close sister, and faithful girlfriend/wive) mentality. It's really pathetic, patronizing, and hypocritical.
0 Replies

George

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 01:23 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
. . . Why, exactly, is it women's choices that are the OP's issues?
Does he (she? I bet he) . . .
Yes, "he".
The OP also began a charming topic called:
"I sometimes grasp my balls with my hand and sniff it and I like its smell.
Is this normal?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:37 am
This joker reminds me of Sinnlich, or whatever the screen name actually is/was--perhaps its the same person, but come back with a new account in the attempt to avoid the odium that the other screen name had attracted.
Ragman

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:32 pm
@Setanta,
Same deal with Cicebe (sp?).
0 Replies