Has anyone heard if this happening before?

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 03:22 am
i dont want to get too deep into my life but i was hospitalized for 23 days back in January & diagnosed with Bi-polar and i was put on 3 different medications. (Lithium, Zyprexa, Hydroxyzine) I was told not to smoke on these medications but of course like any other 20 year old i ignored them. I was out of the hospital for about a week or so & i decided that i would smoke. I walked over to a buddies house and proceeded to toke up & i felt fine, a little shakey but that was due to the Lithium. I felt fine & i was pretty high. I decided i was going to walk back home (5 miles) as i began to walk home my legs hurt like no other, pain i have never felt before. I got about half way home where i couldnt walk anymore so i took a rest. I just so happened to left up my pant legs and i noticed my circulation was messed up. The blood in my legs was pumping up through my vanes in what looked like balls. It was all pumping to the back of my neck and i was loseing vision a bit. I finally got a ride home from a stranger and this continued to happen. I was not about to go to the hospital because i had just spent 3 weeks there &i totally ignored there instructions. After a week or so my circulation returned to normal.

What i was wondering is if anyone has ever experienced something like this. I dont know if they were blood clots or what they were. Any information would be helpful. I haven't smoked since (10 months or so) I am currently off of the lithium. Please enlighten me with any advice or information you may have.

Thank You
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:53 am
@Highroller482,
My only experience is with a friend with the same diagnosis. He either had the wrong dose of lithium, didn't take it, or took too much. He would have been better without the help, but didn't have any of the symptoms you describe. He probably wasn't smoking the same thing.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:59 am
@Highroller482,
I am sorry but I have not heard of this kind of experience before. I just hope that maybe you should find a doctor that can help you with your question.
0 Replies