effective written communication

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 03:24 pm
Suppose you are a film producer and produced spectacular films on different social issues prevailing in our society. You have received an invitation for a workshop from XYZ University.
This University arranges the workshop on Film production for its students of mass communication yearly and invites the same producer to deliver a special lecture on it. Unfortunately, you are unable to attend the workshop this year due to your other professional commitments.

Q.How can I Write a letter of refusal to that invitation by keeping in mind the elements of effective written communication?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 05:26 pm
@sofia mercedez,
Thank you Prof. Mercator for the invitation but I regret I cannot attend this year. However I'll make a special effort to reserve the chance next year and if you wish, even address the convention. Please let me know as soon as it's set and l if I might review a specific issue
0 Replies

TheParser

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 05:55 am
@sofia mercedez,
Dear Professor Smith:

I was eagerly looking forward to delivering this year's lecture. I find, however, that a professional commitment will prevent my attendance. I very much appreciate your invitation and wish you and your students a very successful workshop.

Sincerely yours,

Sofia Mercedez
phillipsmark

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 09:04 am
@TheParser,
I cant write the sample mail for u but u can check this useful post

http://www.deliverfreedom.com/blog/top-10-tips-written-communication/
0 Replies