Dogs and Babies

NCK27

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 12:44 pm
Ok, so on Christmas day we go to my husbands grans house for a family get-together. My 14 month old keeps going to an open door to see a boerbull (big, big dog) that's kept aside in a little courtyard. Even though my husbands gran was there I just wanted to see if she could get to the dog (the dog never gets to be outside that courtyard). I then see that there's mesh on the gate that keeps her from touching the dog.

I then leave it, happy my child is safe, and head back to the lounge where my MIL sits. She turns around and says she wouldn't let my daughter go anywhere where it wasn't safe and I just replied that I was just checking. I don't like my daughter my daughter being around dogs that aren't used to small kids and even then I don't trust this particular breed because of how unpredictable they can be.

2 nights later I overhear a conversation between my parents-in-law where my MIL is outraged that I checked on my daughter while her mother wa there. Personally I feel that I have the right to check on my own daughter whenever I want to and I don't have to explain this to people especially her.

We live with my parents-in-law and they keep a separate toybox in their room for my daughter for when she sees them (always in their room!!!) Christmas night she was exhausted and when my MIL asked my husband if she could open her presents they keep and heard him say no, it was an issue. Se didn't ask why, nothing just got highly upset and treated us like we were the most unreasonable people she knows. I never knew about this conversation until the next morning.

When time came for her to open the presents we weren't even present. We don't know what she got and we weren't even included. I have never heard of anything like this and need some advice please!

I'm so fedup with this and I don't feel I need to ask permission to be my daughters parent.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 843 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 12:50 pm
@NCK27,
NCK27 wrote:
My 14 month old keeps going to an open door to see a boerbull (big, big dog) that's kept aside in a little courtyard.

how did she go to the open door?

Is she able to reach over or through the mesh on the gate?

Based on your post here and your other thread, it does seem that you and your husband need to focus on getting your own apartment/home as soon as possible.

It will be easier to set boundaries involving your daughter when you are not living with your in-laws.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 12:56 pm
@NCK27,
Quote:
I feel that I have the right to check on my own daughter whenever I want to and I don't have to explain this to people especially her.
Bingo 27
0 Replies