Which Crimes Obsess You?

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:52 am
I think for most of us here, there are certain crimes or tragedies that we really get interested in to the point of obsession sometimes. What may really draw one person to a case may not affect someone else the same way and we all have cases that struck a chord with us and stay with us. I was just curious which cases interest each person the most? For me it would be The Station nightclub fire, the murders of Devon and Damon Routier, the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, and the case of the three missing women from Springfield, Missouri in 1992 which are Sherrill Levitt, Suzie Streeter, and Stacy McCall.

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 10:26 am
@sanewarne,
No crimes obsess me. I'm just not a tabloid sort of guy.

Crime has existed in the past and will exist in the future. Some things in society are unpleasant facts of life. I've enough on my plate to monitor my own behavior and impact I'm having on my own life and what I'm doing than to obsess about others bad or criminal behaviors - specifically sensationalistic crime stories that focus on how bad and uncivilized society can get and has gotten.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 10:59 am
I guess the one that really got to me is missing child Kyron Horman.

His stepmom took him to school and took a photo of him smiling in front of his science fair project. He never made it to class and has never been seen or heard from again.

That was almost 3 years ago. He seems to have disappeared into thin air.

It all happened not far from our house and Kyron was just a little younger than my son -- I think that's why it has stuck with me. Every once in a while a little information will dribble out but none of it has ever been explained.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 06:16 pm
@sanewarne,
Basically, what Ragman said.
0 Replies