Idle questions, trivial matters

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 02:17 pm
Whatever happened to all those George Foreman Grills?

After years of producing year round fruit, why does my citrus tree suddenly have none? Not that it is important. I never pick any.

Why do I see armadillo road kill, but have never seen a live armadillo around here in nearly forty years?

Why does a dog love to lie on his bed at night, but tear out the stuffing after a week of comfortable sleeping?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 5
No top replies

timur

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:24 pm
Well, these questions are at least as important as the existence of god.

1- They "Evolve".

2- Not enough information. Does the tree still make flowers?

3- Other than that armadillos are very elusive, several explanations are possible, like you have different going out time.

4- Dogs beings curious, they want to know in what stuff their bed are made.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:30 pm
1. What are those companies that say they will consolidate your credit card balances into one payment? Will that wreck your credit report? What will the credit card companies think? They want about 1/3 of the owed balance. How can they do that?

2. My grandson came home from college with a hairless slash on one of his eyebrows. He doesn't belong to a gang, is doing well at school. What could that mean? Is it a "passed out" trick?

3. How do you cook wood duck? someone gave me frozen duck, even with the feathers still on the wings. Ick? or yum?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 04:09 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

2- Not enough information. Does the tree still make flowers?

3- Other than that armadillos are very elusive, several explanations are possible, like you have different going out time.

I never noticed when it made flowers before.

When I lived in the hill country, armadillos were easy to spot. Last live one I saw was not far from the lake where Willie Nelson has a home. It was standing by the road. I told my brother, I want to have a close look. I stopped the pick up and walked up behind it, to a distance of about four feet. I stood there and admired it for a while and then got back in and drove off. It never had a clue the entire episode.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 04:33 pm
Does anybody play armadillo ball any more?
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:01 pm
@George,
No, but you can still buy armadillo balls on eBay as collectibles.
0 Replies