Daughter was not killed on sept 11

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:35 am
link

Could you imagine finding out, a year later, that your daughter was not actually killed on that day? Could you imagine not telling your mother that you were ok, no matter how bad your relationship with her was?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,624 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:41 am
As far as it is known, there have been several people, who didn't tell others that they were alive.

The reasons be be very different and personally, but actually the result is the same.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:44 am
I guess it's a good way to severe unwanted ties.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:20 pm
Egads- What a Hollywood movie that would make!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:16 pm
I remember wondering at the time...about disappearers. Now it is tres complicated...re money for victims, etc. Plus there could easily be someone with post traumatic stress behavior. Easy to see...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:19 pm
Suppose you climbed your way out of amazing trouble and wandered...and then found yourself listed amoung the missing, or saw signs reaching for you...perhaps by some one you never really liked, say, for example, your sister...

I am not trying to make light of this. I can envision some sort of personal nightmare for someone in that building that would have them not appearing
to be counted.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:23 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Egads- What a Hollywood movie that would make!

Dunno 'bout a full-blown movie, but I'd be willing to wager there are TV screenwriters exploring the matter at this very moment. This strikes me as more a "Procter & Gamble" moment than a "Kodak Moment".

timber
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:24 pm
part of a three-story(?), entwined plot hollywood movie?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 08:36 am
Call Central Casting!

Sorry, I shouldn't make light of such things. Amazing stuff, though. And consider this - all of those people who will never see their loved ones again, and here's someone staying away deliberately. Let's just say if I were one of the grieving folks at Cantor Fitzgerald et al. the irony would not be lost on me - and I think I'd be hopping made even though I wouldn't know the participants.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 06:04 pm
I guess making light of things like this is a way to cope or understand. No worries....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:35 pm
I dont know..it sounds like the relationship was strained to begin with, and that even though the mother has been told the correct information, she is unwilling to accept it.
Of course, thinking her daughter was gone and not hearing from her, then being told she was alive could be very traumatic.

a made for tv mini series evolves...sad but, true.
0 Replies