How do you read "Jesús Miguel Gómez"?

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:09 pm
I just read them as "Jesus Miguel Gomez".

Context:
"What you feel right now is the people's pain, the country's pain," said Jesús Miguel Gómez, 37, a heating supplier, who came from a nearby town with friends. "And in the face of pain, you have to be united. Two hundred may have died but we are thousands out here."

"After this," he added, "things have to change. It doesn't matter whose to blame. They are all a bunch of terrorists. One does it for God, the other because they think they have a purer blood line."

Pilar Fernández Sanches, his friend, said "we want to live in peace. That's what this is about. It's a wake up call for everyone."

Is "pan-cytokeratin" an antibody?

Green immunofluorescence labeling of the hair cell marker myosin VIIA, shows the similar morphology of hair cells from mouse cochlea (upper) and hair cell-like cells generated from mouse inner ear stem cells (lower). Nuclei of surrounding cells (upper) are highlighted by the blue dye DAPI. Hair like cells do not stain positive for pan-cytokeratin (red fluorescence, lower), a protein found in inner ear support cells.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 637 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:31 pm
Hair like cells do not stain positive for pan-cytokeratin (red fluorescence, lower), a protein found in inner ear support cells.
It is a mouse antibody. http://www.biocare.net/AntibodyView.asp?ID=297

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking in #1.
If you're asking how to pronouce his name...
Jesus Miguel Gomez - Hay-zues Mee-gell Go-mehz
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:12 am
Hi Ceili, Thanks for reply.

Does "Hair like cells do not stain positive for pan-cytokeratin" mean "when testing pan-cytokeratin in the hair like cells, it didn't show positive -- that is, there is no pan-cytokeratin in the cells"?

Yes, I meant to how to pronounce the name. And what you labelled is much like Spanish pronunciation. But I am a Spaish language illiteracy.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:48 am
Oristar from what I've read I would say yes, if the protein is not present there is not pan-cytokeratin in the cells.
0 Replies