The Incredibly Simple A2K NFL Superbowl Game For 2013.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 03:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I can understand why many would want to see all the superstars, in Hawaii and such...But it just seems like (and it is not really the fault of the NFL, nor can they really do anything, And I even understand why) But it just seems like a pro bowl game is like watching pros play flag football....

I guess it is really cool that that many people love the NFL, and watch the pro bowl...and support the NFL...But it is not like any other sports leagues all-star games...I watch it sometimes...But I lose interest very quickly....

In baseball they make it have value...And in hockey, and basketball...They do cool things to make it interesting...Like the dunk contest, and skills challenge in hockey...Like hardest slap-shot...And the one where they break the targets...

I guess the pro bowl ain't to bad...But I do find it puzzling that that many people do watch it...

Because you would think most would not...As in the nature of the beast of it, with the injuries...And it being different...It just appears like many avid football fans would not enjoy it because it is so much different of a product then a regular game...

So I think many are baffled that so many watch...

But it is credit to how strong the NFL is...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 05:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think of it as the lads playing for fun, to me a useful thing.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:40 am

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312309_492308450815848_677532260_n.png
0 Replies

RottenDennis

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 07:50 am
Food for thought: the Houston Texans had nine players selected to the pro bowl; all 9 showed up. The Patriots had 7 players selected, only two showed up. Who else thinks sour grapes? Of just the same smug BS from New England.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 09:25 am
@RottenDennis,
Ironic at the least - but I don't know about grapes. Maybe vinegar.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 09:30 am
@RottenDennis,
If I were a pro, I wouldn't want to play in that meaningless, dull-as-dishwater Pro Bowl either. It isn't even a decent showcase of talent. And, as worthless as it is, it can cause an end to their career if they get injured.

Why not just have a performance event - run, pass and kick, etc? Best times of 40-yd-dash, kicking distance/accuracy, QB throw/accuracy.

They'd be better off just having a media-event or a photo-shoot and showing video clips of the selected players and their best plays during the year. On top of that poor judgement, having it just before the SB. That's ludicrous!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 09:51 am
TV show after TV show after TV show about the Super Bowl . . .
ADS!

Who gives a flying bleep about commercials? Lots of folks, apparently, or
there wouldn't be all this trash-TV about them. As for me, I'm sick of them.

I don't watch commercials for entertainment. If I'm watching the SB and
they cut to commercial, I'll either go get a beer or process a previous beer.
And it won't be a Bud.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 09:55 am
@George,
I do, I do. I've liked commercials most of my life, the good ones, that is.

Repetitious commercials, even of the clever variety, wear thin fast and can make people want to hurl the tv. Which is getting harder these days as tvs grow in size.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 06:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime, I figure SF will lose. (I picked them)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 06:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Where is Spade? what are you thinking?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 06:44 pm
@ossobuco,
How have you been Osso? I have been here...Just been silent...

It should be a close game...Could go either way...But I do think that SF should be the favorite...by a bit like they are a 3 or 4 point favorite...

I still think SF will win...But I do think it depends on what happens early....If Gore, can run...And Kaep can run and it opens up passing lanes....I think SF may win by a lot...

I think Baltimore can win, but I think Kaep will have to play bad...And Flacco plays really, really good...

Nice new pic!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:02 pm
Where is everyone going for a SB party? (if you are going out)

My family owns an Italian-American club and I am going there...Some drinks and food and such...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm presently very very very crabby. (smiles)

On the game, I worry (Boomerang started a thread about worrying - I always pay attention to her threads).

One of my problems is that I like both teams, but I like SF way more.

Yes. Kaep will have to mess up (not unusual but he tends to recover) and Flacco will have to excel, not usual over time but better as his betters have changed.

Well, we'll talk later.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I won't be anywhere but cooking in the kitchen and watching the faux game online.

Your family owns an italian american club - be still my heart. If you see an empty chair, that's mine.

No, I'm not italian, but I deserve to be.

We need to talk.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Always interesting to read your commentary (even when I really understand 1/gazillion when it's American football talk Laughing )
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
We need to talk.

Hit me up with a pm...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:55 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spade, this is now my bedtime. So not like my history but related to my dog's needs.

but, I will pm you, or if I forget, pm me.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 08:04 pm
@ossobuco,
OK...Sorry I was quiet...I will send you one tomorrow...But if I do forget, and then go out...I am sorry...And apologize ahead of time...But I will send you a pm...

Have a great night sleep Osso...

Go San Fran!!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:47 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I do, I do. I've liked commercials most of my life, the good ones, that is. . .
OK, to be honest, I will watch the one with the Clydesdales.
I even watched a story about the making of the one with the Clydesdales.

I feel better now.
Confession is good for the soul.
0 Replies