Cat Noises

Prin05

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:48 pm
Why do cat's make pigeon sounding noises when speaking to them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 839 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:50 pm
@Prin05,
They make that same throat noise any time they see a bird (prey sounds). If they had made cat sounds, they would scare them off, right?
0 Replies

Prin05

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:53 pm
I have a female, and she constantly does this when talking to her!!...I swear I should bring her on the Dave Letterman show!!!....She answers me with every question or comment I make to her!!
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:29 pm
@Prin05,
That's always fun. Out of curiosity, is she any part Siamese? They are typically very vocal.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:24 pm
@Prin05,
Your cat is responding to you with happy noises

That's great..... your cat cares about you! Enjoy
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:42 pm
@dlowan,
We have a new BOMBAY cat (we call it spooky and Tid Tat) It cjrrups and vocalizes almost every snetence that my wife and I speak. The cat wants to share in our conversations and I cant figure out why.
The Maine Coon chirrups with her quick movements. When I toss her a little cloth mouse she will chirp her head off while trying to disembowel the toy.
roger

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:07 pm
@Prin05,
Being bi-lingual, cats talk pigeon to pigeons. Why would that be surprising?
nextone

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:40 pm
@Prin05,
When watching birds my cat would sound the "chitter of death" accompanied by tail-tip tic.
On occasion cat cries sound like human infants' cries, newborn infants. I was watching a TV program about babies. A baby began to cry, and my cat went racing up to the set. She was very agitated and was crying back at the screen.If I hadn't been in the room, I'd have thought two babies were crying.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:44 pm
@roger,
Clever ploy. Imitate your prey.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We have a new BOMBAY cat (we call it spooky and Tid Tat) It cjrrups and vocalizes almost every snetence that my wife and I speak. The cat wants to share in our conversations and I cant figure out why.
The Maine Coon chirrups with her quick movements. When I toss her a little cloth mouse she will chirp her head off while trying to disembowel the toy.

Why WOULDN'T a cat who cares for you want to interact?

My cats have mostly had long chats with me...

Viola can be driven to ecstatic effusions of love when I talk to her...especially if I use certain tones of voice or phrases. She coos and pirrups and throws herself squirming on the floor...or runs over to lick my face.
0 Replies