SEXUAL ASSAILANT POINTS FINGER AT FATHER OF VICTIM

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:04 am
SEXUAL ASSAILANT POINTS FINGER AT FATHER OF VICTIM

By KEVIN AMERMAN
Pocono Record Writer
[email protected]

Parting shot fired by sexual assailant

A teenager sentenced to jail Thursday for statutory sexual assault partially blamed the father of one of his victims for allowing the crime to happen.

"This was 6:30 in the morning," a tearful Matthew Csezmadia told the courtroom. "Where was he?"

Csezmadia's comments came in response to a denunciation from the victim's father, read as part of the record at the 19-year-old Gouldsboro man's sentencing in Monroe County Court.

Police say that Csezmadia sexually assaulted two girls, one 15 and the other 16, after they passed out from drinking at a private residence off Tobyhanna/Gouldsboro Road last Aug. 23.

The girls told police the incident began in Gouldsboro on the night of Aug. 22, when they traveled with Csezmadia to the Coolbaugh Township home.

Both girls said they had passed out from drinking and were awakened in the hot tub by Csezmadia performing sex acts with them, according to police.

One of the girls reportedly told police that she saw Csezmadia having intercourse with the other girl, who was vomiting over the side of the hot tub.

"My daughter, the victim, will be scarred for the rest of her life," the father of the 15-year-old said in court.

Csezmadia claims the sex was consensual.

"If I go to jail, I'm going to be scarred," said Csezmadia, with a cracking voice. "This will be on me forever. I made bad choices, but what that girl said happened didn't happen that way.

"This guy is seeming like he's a good father," Csezmadia said, softly crying. "This was 6:30 in the morning. Where was he? Where was he? I showed up at that party and everyone else was drunk too."

Monroe County President Judge Ronald E. Vican sentenced Csezmadia to 9 to 23 months in the Monroe County Correctional Facility.

Vican said this is a "fine example of why minors shouldn't drink."

Csezmadia pleaded guilty in September to statutory sexual assault, a felony, and indecent assault, a misdemeanor.

In exchange for the guilty plea, two counts of rape and several other felony charges against Csezmadia were dropped by the Monroe County District Attorney's Office.

The prosecutor assigned to the case, Monroe County Assistant District Attorney Robert Saurman, said Csezmadia "used alcohol to force himself on" the girls.

"One was too young to consent and the other was too intoxicated to consent," Saurman said.

The girls reported the incident to Pocono Mountain Regional Police on Aug. 24. Police advised them to go to Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, where, according to a police affidavit, a nurse examined the girls and found physical evidence of rape.

During the sentencing hearing, Csezmadia declined to take a drug test. Vican often asks defendants to take drug tests to see if they have changed since being charged. Csezmadia came up positive for marijuana in a test given by the county probation department a few months ago.

"I did smoke marijuana," Csezmadia said. "It's kind of hard going to bed at night knowing you're facing 17 years."

A tearful Csezmadia looked back at his mother as court officers handcuffed him and led him away.

Copyright © March 12, 2004, Pocono Record
Return to www.poconorecord.com

My immediate reaction to the headling on this story was double outrage, first at the sexual assailant and second at the newspaper choosing to feature the accusation in bold print on the front page.

Then I read the story. I think that this Perp has a valid point. There's a lot of blame here--enough to go round and round.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,799 • Replies: 14
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:10 am
Bookmarking! Wink
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:48 pm
I don't thik I was ever drunk or desperate enough, even in my fraternity days, to have sex with someone, girl or boy, who was doing the technicolour yawn! YUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!! Shocked
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:19 pm
That is just a sad story. I feel sorry for him too, although he seems like a creep.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:49 pm
I don't have any sympathy for him. Dumb ass should know there's a reason girls their age are called jailbait. It doesn't matter if the underage girl consented or not. And his asking where the father was just sickens me. It's yet again another example of individuals not taking responsibility for their own actions. Seventeen years behind bars? No, I wouldn't give him that much, but he's criminally responsible for his actions and should be held accountable in some form.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:53 pm
Oh, I agree, and I agree that what he did was absolutely awful, but I don't imagine jail would be very fun for anyone. I can sypathize for anyone, whether or not they're an idiot.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:43 am
Caprise--

Two girls, one 15 and one 16, are picked up by a "older man" and driven to a wild party where they proceed to drink until 6:30 in the morning.

The "older man" argues--a standard argument in rape cases--that the sex is consentual. The girls disagree, possibly because it was not consentual, possibly because they are confronting two angry families who are very upset about their daughters having been out all night.

The "older man" should have known better.

Now, I'm not one to blame the victim in a case of rape. I don't think these girls were "asking for it". I do think that they showed poor judgement in many ways, but poor judgement is not an invitation to rape. All the same, I think the "older man" has a point when he wants to know where the outraged fathers were when these two innocent and vulnerable girls were out all night long at a drunken orgy.

The "older man" will be doing jail time--but in the county jail. The DA's office was willing to drop a number of charges in exhange for a guilty plea to lesser charges. This would not have happened if Girlish Innocence had been Brutally Ravaged.

Sometimes--particularly when you walk on the wild side--life is very unfair.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:55 am
Poor judgement certainly, but isn't poor judgement a fact of life for teenagers? They are kids.

Regarding the father, perhaps he was out looking for the girls, who knows. I agree parental responsibility is a factor, BUT, it plays no role in this guy's actions. So as far as I'm concerned, he has no business spouting off about it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:06 am
Caprice--

Traditionally, the condemned man gets a last meal and a last speech.

The kid had just been subjected to a self-righteous tongue lashing from an Outraged Father (who had lost track of his daughter on the night/morning) in question.

I think the confessed perp was entitled to ask why Daddy Dear hadn't been more active in protecting his daughter's virtue before she lost it.
The perp admitted guilt. Daddy Dear indicated that nothing was his fault.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 04:34 pm
There are always a lot of factors involved in these cases which we never hear about. Juries aren't as dumb as they are made to sound.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 05:53 pm
SCoates--

The Perp plea bargained and pled guilty--there was no jury.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 06:53 pm
Well, I was talking about cases in general, but I admit I wasn't thinking. Still, the point is we don't have all of the facts.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
All the same, I think the "older man" has a point when he wants to know where the outraged fathers were when these two innocent and vulnerable girls were out all night long at a drunken orgy.

I'd agree he has a point - a darn good one too. But it shouldn't have affected the plea bargining in any way. While it's a very good question to ask it's irrelevant to the charges.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 09:25 pm
fishin' wrote:
While it's a very good question to ask it's irrelevant to the charges.

Yup, yup. Totally agree there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 08:05 am
As I read the story, first the judge heard from character witnesses and witnesses with a vested stake in the proceedings. One of those interested parties was the father of one of the girls who explained in slow detail what a monster the perp was and how his daughter was scarred for life.

Keep in mind the plea bargain indicates that the perp was dark grey and the "innocent" party girls were at least light-to-medium grey. The father ignored all of the circumstances of the crime.

The perp was stung at being portrayed as a fiend in human form and retalliated to the unbridled criticism with some comments of his own when the judge asked him, "Before I pronounce sentence, do you have anything to say?"

"I made bad choices but what that girl said--it didn't happen that way."

Then he mentioned that papa might have taken an interest earlier.

Knowing the judge in question, I doubt that either set of comments influenced the sentence. Remember his comment: "This is a fine example of why minors shouldn't drink."
0 Replies