how do i make my rabbit feel at home?

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:58 am
My aunt got me two rabbits for a surprise gift.however i told her i wanted two baby males so that it would avoid conflict when they reach adulthood,and they would be easier to bond with.unfortunetly,thinking she knows best,gets me two adult males saying adults are the best way to go.but its not going well.

The white rabbit is actually working out well.hes nice,and is very social. However,hes mean to the black one occcasionally.most of the time he sits closely with the black one,and grooms him,other times he nips him in the face.or (a display of dominance perhaps?)but overall hes decent.

The black one is what concerns me.he doesnt want anything to do with anyone.i know it takes time for certian rabbits to get use to you,but im frazzled.i was told to sit on the floor and wait till he decides to come over toward me.ive done it alot,and it works well.he has no problem coming over to anyone,but petting him-even holding out your hand and letting him sniff first-sends him running away. I tried leaving him alone,but he huddles in the corner behind my clothes rack,or in the cage he destroys the place,taking down the second level and the food bowl. (or runs around which makes him happy for a bit) but i want to get closer to him a softer way,without grabbing him and forcing him to stay in my arms like my mom does.

Now,i just let hm out ,and let him do as he pleases until cage time,because ii dont want to frighten or anger him.my mom says well give him a month,so i want to try to acomplish something with him.not that i expect to share an apple with him by then or anything.

Is there any way i can make it easier for him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,738 • Replies: 0
No top replies