So, like, are we turning into some kind of international ad-mobile?

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:40 pm
What was that Robert meant about things would change, with, I took it, implications that the oldies would mean much less, the site would be advancing internationally? We would be needing to get used to stuff.
Us oldies will die off, or succumb to facebook, that last, my view.

I'm beginning to wonder about the details.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:27 pm
I will stick with it. Being so large, it is bound to always have attraction for certain types I can be friendly with.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn't say I wouldn't.

but egads.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I know.
It's home to me. So many have passed through these threads to never be heard from again and a core of community hangs in. I think it may come down to communities within the greater community. If you don't mind my saying community endlessly.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:47 pm
@ossobuco,
So there are ads at the bottom of threads.

Big deal.

This is a business for Robert and he, rightfully, expects to make money.

Having said this, he's done a great job preserving what the vast majority of us appreciate about this site.

Continued usage has more to fear from the changing (or perhaps unchanging) nature of the community than the particulars of the website.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about all the people who start threads that are basically sales come-ons without a punch line. Some people tag them as call and response spam, meaning calls that are waiting for partner responses. Then there are others that are bots that use a general template for introduction and then post quote from one of a variety of websites - why, I've no idea. Perhaps some kind of foothold that is past my tech understanding.

I don't need to be told about Robert rightfully expecting to make money. I am a Robert fan evermore.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Ohh, that's what you're talking about.

Yeah, they're annoying, but we will persevere.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
That's true, steadfast we are.

Sorry if I was befuddling. I do that. In real life I say what I am thinking a fair amount of the time or just am quiet. You could call me not calculating, or call me
clueless. I do calculate and tend to not care.

In this case, what I meant was so obvious to me - I've always supported Robert, including re ads and revenue, and recently feel run over by travel agents semi-demi-hemi advertising - and don't put that down to Robert except that maybe changes have occurred that leave room for this. So, I was wondering about it.

Maybe I put it to free speech, not sure what I think about that in this situation. Don't know enough. I can picture this stuff ballooning.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
lemme tell you about the best hotels in Taipei

hello goodbye
Philomena Gazetsoff
margo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

lemme tell you about the best hotels in Taipei

hello goodbye
Philomena Gazetsoff

Are there good hotels in taipei? better than india?
farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:08 pm
@margo,
Howard House on Sun Yat Sen Blvd is a gourmands heaven. Of Course all Chinese TV really sucks .

Ive only stayed in the same style chain hotels in Karala
0 Replies