Are these ARS symptoms

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:42 pm
On December 1st I had sexual intercourse with a long time friend. We had previously had sex only one time when we were 19. I am now 25. We lost contact and I moved on and had 2 healthy kids. Recently we met up again and old feelings resurfaced. We had unprotected oral sex (me to him) and protected vaginal sex. The condom slipped off and he pulled out of me. He used his finger to retrieve the condom from inside me. This happened on December 1st.

Five days later on December 6th, I came down with a horrible cold. I was coughing up thick mucus and sneezing a lot. What worries me the most though is the dizziness. I've never felt anything like it before. It was severe to the point where I couldn't stand up without holding on to something. I had to crawl to the bathroom with my eyes closed. My eyes were feeling extremely sensitive and I couldn't look at the tv or computer screen because it was too bright. I had to squint to look at anything. Everything was kinda blurry and even when I was lying down the room was spinning. Then came the vomiting. Every single thing I ate came back up. At first I thought I was pregnant but numerous pregnancy tests confirmed that is not the case. I lost my appetite for the duration of this sickness which ended on the 16th of December, and have discovered that I have lost 10 lbs (though I'm not sure the weight loss occurred before or after the sickness since I haven't weighed myself in months).

On the 20th of December, my neck started hurting. It was sore for about two days and a bit stiff and now I feel sharp short pains throughout my body. These pains shoot through my arms, legs, fingers and neck. I have no swollen lymph nodes (although admittedly I don't know what a swollen lymph node looks like), and I didn't get any fever or rash. What I'm experiencing now is annoying muscle twitching even as I type this, a muscle in my neck is twitching and I've been feeling these muscle twitches all over my body that I don't think I've ever experienced this much before.

So now I'm thinking that this guy gave me something, and started googling and my symptoms sorta match ARS and mono. I asked the guy when last he had an HIV test and he told me 3 months ago for his job and it was negative but at this point I don't believe anything. So I guess I'm asking if anyone here can enlighten me (I'm not looking for a diagnosis), just some opinions on if what I'm experiencing sounds like it's ARS. Sorry if this is too long, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

I should probably also add that the condoms we used were lambskin and not latex since I have a latex allergy. I have heard that lambskin condoms are less effective against stds.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:54 am
@trinigirl,
Have you checked with a doctor? IMO, those symptoms should not be ignored. Many years ago, I had mono, and was sick as a dog for six weeks. It might be that, but you have no way of knowing until you have had a thorough exam, blood work, and possibly some c-t scans

Don't wait. Make an appointment NOW.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:18 am
@trinigirl,
It is best that you consult a doctor about this.
0 Replies