4
   

Banning Guns: What Difference Would It Make?

 
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 09:35 am
@Foofie,


Admit it Foofie, there's a downside to just about everything... meaning, get out of bed and live your life.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:13 am

Obama: I Will NOT Take Your Guns Away

Quote:
Obama: "When you all go home and you're talking to your buddies and you say, ah 'He wants to take my gun away.' You've heard it here, I'm on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."
DavJohanis
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:19 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Re: DavJohanis (Post 5219285)
Quote:
Going into the arms business then, leaves one with inferior weaponry....


You might want to ask somebody from Afghanistan or Pakistan about the state of weapon manufacturing in those places. It isn't that hard to do and they do not rely on the US or Russia for arms.


Fair point I suppose, though it would reduce the number of takers, particularly in gang related 'bling wars' over bitches, rides and business.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:22 am
@DavJohanis,
The weapons made in Afghanistan are inferior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khyber_Pass_Copy

Quote:
The ammunition used in the Khyber Pass region is often underloaded, being made from a variety of powders or even old film (which contains nitrocellulose, a key component of smokeless powder); Khyber Pass Copy rifles cannot be expected to withstand the pressures generated by modern commercial ammunition.
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:22 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Obama: I Will NOT Take Your Guns Away

Quote:
"When you all go home and you're talking to your buddies and you say, ah 'He wants to take my gun away.' You've heard it here, I'm on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."


Never believe an anti-gunner when they say they don't want to ban guns.

Especially if that anti-gunner is trying to get you to register your guns.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:23 am
@oralloy,
I guess that explains why I have to register my car. They are planning to take it away.



They just are waiting a couple of hundred years first.
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:26 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Obama: I Will NOT Take Your Guns Away

Quote:
"When you all go home and you're talking to your buddies and you say, ah 'He wants to take my gun away.' You've heard it here, I'm on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."


Never believe an anti-gunner when they say they don't want to ban guns.

Especially if that anti-gunner is trying to get you to register your guns.


I don't trust Obama.
I didn't trust him then and I certainly don't trust him now.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:27 am
@parados,


How much 'modern commercial ammunition' do you think they have available there?
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:29 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
You might want to ask somebody from Afghanistan or Pakistan about the state of weapon manufacturing in those places. It isn't that hard to do and they do not rely on the US or Russia for arms.


It shouldn't be very hard for a small shop to manufacture a bunch of these:

http://www.ocarmory.com/159.JPG
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:36 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
I guess that explains why I have to register my car. They are planning to take it away.



They just are waiting a couple of hundred years first.


You're not going to fool a single person into registering their guns.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:



How much 'modern commercial ammunition' do you think they have available there?

Funny thing is... they don't go around shooting up malls or movie theaters with those home made guns.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:34 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:


You're not going to fool a single person fool into registering their guns.

I fixed it for you. If guns require registration and you don't register it, then I guess we should enforce the gun laws, don't you think?

I am always amazed how the argument is made we need to enforce the gun laws but then you fools demand we don't enforce them if we want to make any changes to them.
trying2learn
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:44 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Oh yes, banning guns would make the lives of spouse, children and families of law enforcement officers much less stressful, since today they never know when the law enforcement officer could be shot while on duty.
I don't agree.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
If guns require registration and you don't register it, then I guess we should enforce the gun laws, don't you think?


What I think is that it might be time for the NRA to rip the Democratic Party to shreds in the next election.

But we'll see what comes to pass. Despite all the eagerness to violate the Constitution that's been expressed on A2K, the actual Democratic politicians whose careers are on the line don't seem nearly so eager to violate our rights.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:



How much 'modern commercial ammunition' do you think they have available there?

Funny thing is... they don't go around shooting up malls or movie theaters with those home made assault rifles.


Their malls and movie theaters are so under rated
0 Replies
 
NSFW (view)
gungasnake
 
  3  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 03:39 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
"On general principles" it is someone "packing heat" that I avoid anywhere, since I cannot give people a sobriety test. Maybe, before you grow old and grey you might realize, in my opinion, how juvenile you sound to some people?


Like I say, banning guns won't get it. If you really want to ban something in a way to maximally reduce murder in America the thing you want to ban is the demoKKKrat party. It's precisely the demoKKKrat enclaves where all the grief transpires.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 05:30 pm


The view from north of the border...

The Next American Civil War
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:19 pm
@gungasnake,
Banning guns 'd make it easier and safer on-the-job
for violent criminals. Banning guns reduces chances of victims FIGHTING BACK.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

"On general principles" it is someone "packing heat" that I avoid anywhere,
since I cannot give people a sobriety test.
No matter how much I drank,
I 'd NEVER harm anyone
who was not perpetrating criminal violence upon me.





David
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/27/2020 at 05:21:48