Was the "Reply to All" thingy a test of some kind???

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:20 pm
The return of the Reply to All button on Christmas night with no explanation from the hamsters raises some questions.

Doesn't it?

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The return of the Reply to All button on Christmas night with no explanation from the hamsters raises some questions.

Doesn't it?

surely you, being the bright fella that you are, understood long before now that the regime as no respect for us, right?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The Ressurection was more associated with Easter, wasn't it?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:22 pm
From one of the many other threads about the missing reply to all button:

jespah wrote:

I will explain.

Development (as in, people who actually program A2K software) has been informed that "Reply All" is missing.

And that was done in an effort to try to fix the "bump" problem that people are seeing with other threads (Beautiful Animals is one such topic). I do not know how long it will be gone/how the test is going.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:58 pm
Never trust a damn' hamster, I say.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:10 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks, you saved me the trouble. People just don't pay attention around here.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:49 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you, Butrflynet.

I musta missed that.

I would have preferred that it was a thingy rigged to entertain us...but apparently not. I think this site is well run...and people like Jespah, Robert, and the other members of the development team deserve our thanks.

Thanks all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:51 am
@Setanta,
Oh, thank you for contributing, Setanta. I'm actually sorry Butrflynet "saved you the trouble." I'm sure you would have offer the information in a much more interesting form. Wink
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're a snide son of a bitch, Frank, as i've told you more times than i can count. Had you been paying attention, you'd never have needed to start this witless thread.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 05:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5207430)
You're a snide son of a bitch, Frank, as i've told you more times than i can count. Had you been paying attention, you'd never have needed to start this witless thread.

Oh, Set...you wonderful human being.

I love when you call me (or the many others)...snide. It is terrific. Causes a guffaw each and every time.

You are a card. You oughta consider doing stand-up.

I love ya, Buddy.
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 06:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, well, loving me won't do you much good, Frankie Boy, because i'm not a homosexual, and even if i were, i suspect i wouldn't find you attractive.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 06:28 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Yeah, well, loving me won't do you much good, Frankie Boy, because i'm not a homosexual, and even if i were, i suspect i wouldn't find you attractive.

Uh huh! Wink

I loves ya like I loves a brother, Set.

You've gotta do something about having that other stuff on your mind when someone tells you they love you. I mean, sometimes a post about not being homosexual is just a post about not being a homosexual...but...ya know.
dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
What odd directions a thread about the return of a button has taken us in.

Just imagine if a really complicated button had done the same thing!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:22 am

http://rlv.zcache.com/this_is_an_awkward_moment_t_shirts-rd768eda1e4bc4b2e82218b46d4e1046d_804gs_512.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Doesn't it?
It might, except I hadn't noticed it missing the first few days and didn't notice its return until this thread popped up.

(I am sure the dead man had something to do with it)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:35 am
@dlowan,
Complicated button? You push it, or you don't. Simple.
dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:51 am
@roger,
You doubting me?
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 09:00 am
@Butrflynet,
The problem still exists...
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 12:32 pm
@Val Killmore,
The "bump" problem?

That's one of the fun aspects of programming. Often times it is a process of trial and error until you find the exact spot in the code that is causing the problem.

There are so many possible causes contributing to the "bump" problem that they probably have to do a process of elimination before they can figure out where to even start looking for the tiny bug that is gumming up the works.
0 Replies