Hella nervous about broken condom. . .

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:55 am
Alright. So, I had my first time yesterday with my boyfriend. He didn't pull out, and we later discovered the condom was broken. Of course, this made both of us hella nervous, so he immediantly purchased Plan B emergancy contraceptives (However, those have yet to get shipped to my address, estimated to get here in three days. Let's just say, my parents would be pissed, homocidal-mad if I told them what happened. Ha.). ALSO, I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. However, last Friday I noticed that I had entirely missed a whole day for a pill. In other words, I had been taking them correctly for only three days whenever this broken-condom incident happened.

Can somebody provide some facts about the chances of me getting pregnant, or something? Also, I've noticed in the past if I stop taking my Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo pills for about two days, it forces my period to happen. I was wondering if this would still work in my situation, and possibly prevent pregnancy?

Any reassurance would be nice. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,267 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 11:08 am
@Foolborn,
No words here would be more reassuring than you seeing your period happen on time as it supposed to do. This requires patience and not freaking out. The less you stress yourself out over this, the more likely it is that your body will relax and not delay your period due to excessive stress (not that any of that is an easy thing to do).

Those lapses in pill-taking and sticking strictly to other birth control protocol are something to make certain you do in the future. If not, unwanted pregnancy will be in your future. Your mom finding out will be the least of your problems.

I wish you peace and good fortune.
jespah

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 11:16 am
@Ragman,
And you can take a pregnancy test in (I think) 2 weeks and be more certain. Might need to be longer than that; check labels.

And - from now on - make yourself a calendar reminder or SOMETHING that reminds you to take your pill every single day. For me, when I was still taking them, it involved a part of getting up; they were on my dresser so I just grabbed the pill as I was taking out clothes for the day. But whatever works for you is the right way, so long as you remember to take them.

Also, work with your boyfriend. Maybe the brand of condom is no good? Try another; perhaps it will be more durable.

E. g. work with this problem in both directions.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:33 pm
@Foolborn,
Condoms are very very strong, in my opinion you either made this up to catch flies or you did something to it taking it off... Errors at factory are virtually zero.
0 Replies