Sieg Heil in Germany

Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:00 pm
In Germany Sieg Heil etc. Nazi Salutes are punishable with up to three years in prison.

But, if in Germany I read something about Hitler or Nazi salute in Germany in WIKIPEDIA, is it punishable as well?

Lets say I went to Starbucks and started reading Wikipedia on Nazis; will people call police for me to be sent to the prison?

tsarstepan

Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:28 pm
@Sinnlich,
You're not too bright if you think reading about history in Germany is punishable by this law.

Even if either German or English aren't your native languages, you should still not take every sentence you read TOO literally. Reading about the history of the Nazis isn't the same thing as running around Germany and openly and flamboyantly acting out Nazi acts.
djjd62

Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
if i'm in a German Starbucks or Schtarrenbuchen as i believe they're called, and i tie my shoe lace in a knotsi, can i still get a Venti Kaffee und ein Kugel?
nothingtodo

Tue 25 Dec, 2012 05:59 am
@djjd62,
Not if your handcuffed to the railings outside for saluting with a running crowd.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 25 Dec, 2012 06:11 am
@Sinnlich,
Sinnlich wrote:
Lets say I went to Starbucks and started reading Wikipedia on Nazis; will people call police for me to be sent to the prison?
No. There's an instant, automatic punishment: you have to write thousand times: "Ich darf so einen Quatsch nicht auf A2K posten." on hand-made paper, produced by yourself, in not more than the double of time you've read the Wikipedia article.
0 Replies