John Kerry: A Despot’s Best Friend

Fedral

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:07 am
John Kerry: A Despot's Best FriendWhere?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Umbagog

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
Townhall.com is the first truly interactive community on the Internet to bring Internet users, conservative public policy organizations, congressional staff, and political activists together under the broad umbrella of "conservative" thoughts, ideas and actions. Townhall.com is a one-stop mall of ideas in which people congregate to exchange, discuss and disseminate the latest news and information from the conservative movement. Townhall.com is committed to inform, educate and empower the public through this emerging electronic medium.

Wow. How noble. And how inaccurate. Fedral has been posting articles from this website a lot lately, and I haven't read one yet that isn't so slanted sideways into a wonderful world that doesn't exist, that it isn't amusing in the least. Townhall.com seems more committed to manipulate, distort and inflame the public. It should be clear by now that between Bush and Kerry, Bush fulfils the role of despot much better than Kerry does, at least so far. You can sum up this article with the following:

We hate Kerry, nah, nah, nah....blah, blah, blah....blah, blah, blah...

I long for the days when debating took place around facts and new ideas, not old bathwater and scummy attitudes.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:01 pm
Well, quit reading them then. Or does he come over and put you in a half-nelson and force you to read them?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:32 pm
Umbagog wrote:

Wow. How noble. And how inaccurate. Fedral has been posting articles from this website a lot lately, and I haven't read one yet that isn't so slanted sideways into a wonderful world that doesn't exist, that it isn't amusing in the least. Townhall.com seems more committed to manipulate, distort and inflame the public. It should be clear by now that between Bush and Kerry, Bush fulfils the role of despot much better than Kerry does, at least so far. You can sum up this article with the following:

We hate Kerry, nah, nah, nah....blah, blah, blah....blah, blah, blah...

I long for the days when debating took place around facts and new ideas, not old bathwater and scummy attitudes.

As I have said before Umb,
I post these article in response to each ultra LEFT slanting article I find posted on the board each day.
The difference between the right leaning articles that I post and the left leaning articles posted by the likes of, but not limited to, Au1929, pistoff, BBB, hobitbob, etc. is that I recognize the slant in these articles, whereas most of them seem to accept the 'truth' of their articles as if a burning bush had engraved them in stone tablets for them (Thats a God reference for you atheists)

I post most of my articles to poke fun at the leftists and to ensure that this board doesn't become the exclusive domain of the Left leaning and to ensure Karmic Balance throughout the universe.

Just my 2 cents (pre tax)
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:56 pm
I wonder if anyone has bothered to tell AU that he's a "leftist?" Wink
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 01:22 pm
That NK Kerry endorsement was first reported by Financial Times, I think a British publication.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 03:42 pm
Fedral wrote:

As I have said before Umb,
I post these article in response to each ultra LEFT slanting article I find posted on the board each day.
The difference between the right leaning articles that I post and the left leaning articles posted by the likes of, but not limited to, Au1929, pistoff, BBB, hobitbob, etc. is that I recognize the slant in these articles, whereas most of them seem to accept the 'truth' of their articles as if a burning bush had engraved them in stone tablets for them (Thats a God reference for you atheists)

I post most of my articles to poke fun at the leftists and to ensure that this board doesn't become the exclusive domain of the Left leaning and to ensure Karmic Balance throughout the universe.

Fedral, you post the articles because you are incapable of forming and defending your own stance. It is as if the entire Conservative intellectual community is one big welfare state and you are the sole recipiant. Your entire ideology is a mish-mash of cut-and-paste internet propaganda.

You claim to post these articles in response to wacky liberal threads. Again - this doesn't compute. If you disagree with what is being posted in another thread, then I suggest you buck up and disprove the ideas being put forth. You have not done that, and you will not do it, because you can't. You object to the liberal view, but are incapable of raising an effective argument against it. Thus, proving repeatedly that your opinion is based on something other than logic and reason.

Also, I think it is abundantly clear to EVERYBODY EXCEPT YOU that politics is not a subjective game where every opinion is equally tenable. So, please, stop trying to "balance out the board" by posting absurd conservative articles in reponse to every left leaning article. It makes no sense.

Having said that, John Kerry is certainly not perfect. His voting for the Iraq war and then voting against the $87 billion dollar reconstruction package particularly irks me. However, as Bill Maher noted, "Kerry love is really Bush hate." This is a two party race, and Kerry is clearly the lesser of two evils.
0 Replies