50-ish year old man falling in love with 25-ish year old girl.

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 07:07 pm
It's a hypothetical situation, and nothing to do with myself but I'm curious. What kind of internal battle would a 60 year old man have in falling for a 25-ish year old girl? Obviously it is perfectly legitimate that this might be a mature, healthy loving relationship, but that's quite boring so lets say it wasn't:

Would there be a part of him always worried he was taking a massive risk? Worried that other people would think he was stupid? What parts of himself might he try and hide to the girl? What pretenses might he make to her? If not 'true love' -- what circumstances/failings in his own life might lead him to feel the need to project an 'answer' onto a woman less than half his age?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 15,073 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:56 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Why do you suppose there's an internal battle gong on?

I see this all the time and the men don't have a problem at all. (although it's usually the 60 plus year old man with the 40 some year old woman - with kids)

It's usually a girl that wants to be taken care of and a guy that wants a trophy wife.

Be sure there's a pre-nupt.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:04 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
My experience is similar to Punkey's. Men don't seem to have any difficulty being with women much younger than themselves. It is socially acceptable. There's no need to hide anything.

I've always found it entertaining when older men with much younger women are surprised that people notice how young the woman is. A friend of mine was dating a woman (about 20 years his junior) who worked at an ice cream stand. He was A.M.A.Z.E.D. that any of us noticed her youth and her mmmmm intellectual limitations. He didn't think it was noticeable. Everyone in our circle eventually said something to him about it.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 04:33 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I know of a 25 year old girl that is with a 63 year old guy and has been since she was 21.

Lucky my name is FS here. My take given I've known them 6 years

He owned a boat, a house, a business. She's a princess but claimed he told her that he was 50, ok, 21/50... still....

She stays at his house on weekends only. She goes out with him for dinner with their friends but he gives her complete freedom to go out with her girlfriends, lunches/dinners/fashion shows etc.

She did stray once and he became the "child" .... But realised his age and took her back... During that time, he battled over his age, the guy she slept with was 36. He battled over the loss of her. And then he battled over her age. And realised in his eyes that he could not blame her.

He does not help her with money, more like acts like a Father to her, trying to teach her but he off course takes her on holidays, buys her expensive gifts and they have a pre-nup. Everything goes to his kids.

I spoke to her a few times, it is my opinion that she will vamoose before 30, she's now bought a house, he gives her cars to drive, she has a job that now pays her double, after using her ex employer to get there, she's setting herself up now for independence...

Wonder who her next boyfriend will be Smile

She did claim to love this guy, she has always acted older but I suspect, she always wanted to live in the "rich" world.
0 Replies