54

How can something come from nothing?

Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 08:31 am
Forget the next video Creationist bullshit, because the argument they make doesn't follow to God, but rather to a cyclic model of the Universe and remember this gold piece of nonsense from one of the most illustrious members of your scientific community:
(Because this kind of crap is what Science has to avoid at all costs)

PS - I could go onto Sam Harris but I will let that to another day.
Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 08:57 am
...since then many more models for an eternal past have been developed and made public one of them coming from this year Nobel Laureate Sir Roger Penrose with his Cyclic Conformal Cosmology...nonetheless lets check how Science distorts meanings words and even models in public, all in name of an insane war happening in Murika about dumbfucked red neckers in the Bibble belt that believe the world has 5000 years and Noah's Arch was real with trillions of viruses microbes insects and all the other animals and Scientific Enlightenment which is hard in Murika because of a Neo Liberal self destructive economic agenda that kills social economical mobility unlike its pitched in the "Murikan Dream" destroying by consequence any hope of education!

Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 09:27 am
Some hard facts on the state of Murika:

1  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 12:31 pm
@Albuquerque,
politely stated , you really have no idea about what you speak. Did you ever realize that youtube gifs bear no obligations to fact or evidence?
Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 01:21 pm
You can do your homework and find more or less the same numbers on credible independent international sources...so what is your problem with it? Go fact check me!

PS - ...oh wait if you are referring to Lawrence Krauss what is it that you want to fact check??? His idiocy?

Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 01:30 pm
...you don't debate concepts, you don't debate logic, you barely comply with common sense, you speak from authority but throw no meat into the table...so what is it? More "aimless directions"?

You have spoken of our "bromance" and a lot of things and tastes that we shared but straight in your face honesty is one you cannot afford!

You are far in too deep, too compromised, and cannot afford the luxury of independent thinking!
Glad you choose a career n all have fun with retirement!
We all make choices in life! Enjoy yours...

Your generation, as previous ones bought into other myths, went with the myth that Science has no boundaries but we all are about to hit a species related barrier...as I listen to you you seem to keep pushing the agenda and selling Scientific Colgate at peoples doors but these days no one is buying it!

One thing the Social media did right aside all the misinformation going on between dumbfucks was to expose the pseudo knowledge going in the Academia itself...

1  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 03:27 pm
@Albuquerque,
All you supply is platitudes and jargon based on NO sense of understanding. Ill not waste further time.
Your critique of science seems more based on envy rather than understanding and scholarship. WHY not go find someone who gives a **** about what you hqve to pronounce.

been trying to squeeze some braintem from you and all I gt is nothing but insult. SO pardon me , Ive gotta go get a haircut.

1  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 03:30 pm
@Albuquerque,
went with the myth that Science has no boundaries but we all are about to hit a species related barrier...as I listen to you you seem to keep pushing the agenda and selling Scientific Colgate at peoples doors
Ill have the creamy Italian on that.
Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 04:35 pm
...and ignored...I have had my time talking with pretensions obnoxious idiots like you! You have barely a clue on what I think know or understand...You are not even close to get the basics on my topics...you clearly are an Asperger with very low comprehension skills and a bunch of pot shot bullshit for a talker! ...have a nice life and frankly good luck!
Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 05:47 am
A 101 on why randomness is not random!

Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 06:06 am
The more nuanced explanation:

Albuquerque

0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 07:00 am
On a side note not directly related to the topic, the mess in the use of statistical analysis these days in Science:
(Brilliant presentation)

3  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 07:01 am
@Albuquerque,
Its sad that you really have little iea how science works. In my fields, we spend much time and money reducing the factors of randomnss that were built in to observation of natural phenomena. Weve even created "Constants" which , like decay constants, chemical bonding , or energy pathways, had built in "unknowns " until the actual values of those phenomena were determined by experiment or observation. You realize that, despite our understanding of time , we still take exhaustive measures of cesium atoms to make randomness more deterministic.

Youre sitting there by the sidelines arguing that deterministic forces were already there. WELL DUHHHH!. Much of science, spends evenings and weekends deriving equations that "work around" the constants that wre created when the equations were first developed.

We have entire sub disciplines where uses of such things as krigging or variograms or a bunch of other techniques which factor in stretches of the "unknown territory" in order to make the calculations work.

You guys worry about words and not nough of phenomena.(Thats where education helps out)

So if you think Im an autistic idiot, thank you. It means I have a special talent or two that you cannot undertsand , which is why you just give my skills (what you think are) insulting titles.