These are warnings to Texans Edgarblythe and Eva

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 01:36 pm
If you're contemplating a move to Corpus Christi, Texas, be sure to keep in mind that in that city, it's illegal to raise alligators in your home.

These are warnings to Texans Edgarblythe and Eva.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,600 • Replies: 16
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:22 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I have spent a lot of years in Corpus Christi, and not once have I felt the urge to own a gator. Even here in Tomball, I do not want one with green skin and teeth. Not in my home, not where I roam, nor in the Astrodome. I do not like a gator with green skin and teeth.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 04:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
I feel a Dr Seuss rime coming on.
JPB

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 04:23 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Eva isn't in TX (unless she moved...)

Bunch of Austin-ites though (Chai, Shewolf, DrewDad) and Finn is there somewhere (Dallas?)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 04:27 pm
@JPB,
And Lola and Blatham and Pemerson are there somewhere too, far as I know. And Pdiddy. And further back, my old pal, Tartarin, now there's someone I miss.
Actually, all five of those, though L & B and PD post sometimes.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 05:13 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
What's more fun than owning a gator is going gator fishing with your bare hands. What you do is go early in the dawn on a canoe, shine the flash light, and look for the smallest or a medium sized pair of glaring yellow eyes. Then you paddle right close to it and grab it by the head and slam it inside your boat and clamp down its mouth. The largest I caught was about 4 feet. The least you can loose are your fingers if you misjudge where its head and grab it by its jaw (and its jaws are open).... which thankfully has never happened with the posse that I hung out with when I was younger.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
Gators are not just not cute, they are apt to eat the hand that feeds them. Why would anyone but a zoo want such things?
Val Killmore

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 05:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Gators are not just not cute, they are apt to eat the hand that feeds them. Why would anyone but a zoo want such things?

Because they are just like people, they are apt to eat the hand that feeds them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 05:38 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Amazing as it may seem to Libs, (especially NE Libs ) there are pockets of Commies in Texas.

Austin is a good example. It's a college town and so it was easily conquered by the commie academics. It has numerous great venues for The Blues, but Austinians should not be allowed to vote.

Edgar should move LEFT to LA if he wants a chance to own gators.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:41 pm
@Val Killmore,
I don't see it.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 07:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
I see finn posted here, but he asked me to ignore him and I faithfully will do so.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
When I lived in FL I knew a guy who introduced me to his 10 ft "pet" gator that he kept in his back yard. He was a textbook redneck, so it is kinda explainable. Threw a hissy fit (it just hisses at anyone who comes near it) kinda like a teenager, and never listed to any commands, just like teenagers. It probably kept burglars out, and that's the only good use I can think of for having one.
Wonder if he lives there anymore or if he has gotten into any lawsuit...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:25 am
@Val Killmore,
Maybe he became lunch by now.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I bet gator Subway sandwiches would be popular.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
$5.00 10 ft longs?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
That's the ticket.
Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Speaking of gators: