Can't build up the courage to text her, I feel unwanted

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:40 pm
Hey guys. For the past 2 months or so I met this girl and I've been getting along really well with her. We talk often in 6th form - she's the year below me - and we share the same interests like music taste, sense of humor ect. She recently gave me her number, but I'm self conscious about texting her because I always feel as if I'm unwanted, and I'm worried that I'll be rejected. We flirt with each other quite regularly in person, I'm really interested in her and I think she feels the same way (hopefully, haha). But from talking to a few of her friends I get the impression she may be interested in someone else too.

I'm starting to go crazy over this girl but I don't know what to do next. I have confidence issues which doesn't exactly help either...

Any advise on getting her to be more interested in me, and what's the next step? Should I make the move if I feel she feels the same way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,229 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:53 pm
@dannyboy99,
Out of curiosity, may I ask how old you and she are?
pixiedust

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:16 pm
@dannyboy99,
You should go for it. From what you've been saying it sounds as though this girl may be interested and if you're really into her you shouldn't let the opportunity pass you by. My best advice is to start off just being flirty in messages, text her often enough to keep her interested but not too much to make it overwhelming and unbearable. Try your best to befriend her at first. Don't go into the situation with pessimistic thoughts in your head (scared that you'll be rejected or what not) you are young still! And honestly, from experience, regardless of how much rejection hurts you get over it and the truth is you'll always find someone new! No worries. Just go into this confidently! Forget about the other guy that you think she may be interested in ..that has nothin to do with you for now, just concentrate on what you're about. Make the move! Smile
dannyboy99

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:31 pm
@Ragman,
We're both 17, I'm the oldest by 2 months
0 Replies

dannyboy99

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:37 pm
@pixiedust,
Thanks for the help I'll bare it in mind Smile I'll try and think of something relevant to text about, as I'm worried she'll just see it as a random, weird message. I'm worried about rejection because of my past relationship, the break up in that one hit me like a tonne of bricks.. Razz
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 08:21 am
@dannyboy99,
Why are you putting so much importance on Texting?

The most important thing is to spend time actually talking and interacting with the girl if you want to start up a relationship.

You got hurt before? And . . . now you are hesitant to take another chance on love?? You better get over that real fast. Love come and goes and you should enjoy it while you are in it, and if it leaves you, it was meant to be.

Lighten up a little. You are way too serious for someone so young.
dannyboy99

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 02:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
I don't know why, I guess it's just another way of talking to her, something different :/ I do spend time with her at school too. I just need to find a way to turn it into a relationship

I'll try to look at the bright side Razz
0 Replies