Aaaah coffee.... Another good reason to drink it.

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:09 pm
Heavy coffee drinkers are at a lower (than non-drinkers or light drinkers) risk of developing type II diabetes. According to the article the Finnish are the most excessive drinkers of coffee, per capita, world wide.

Coffee's good, mkay?

Of course, drinking 10 cups of coffee a day can lead to a host of other problems.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,271 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:01 pm
If you're drinking coffee you're not drinking pop. It's all the sugar we are consuming. If we ate/drank less of it, there'd be less diabetes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:03 pm
could very well be the reasoning behind the results. But, if I'm not drinking coffee, I'm drinking water.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:06 pm
Drinking coffee before exercising is helping to reduce the fat.
(I want to know the effects of tea.)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:24 pm
finally lil'k posted some good news. at leastone of my habits may actually do me some good.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:34 pm
I don't drink either, just water, tea and juice - which is almost as bad as pop, but not quite.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:36 pm
Littlek, I wonder if it helps with those who already have type 2 diabetes? I fall into that category.

Some of the other articles listed were really interesting, such as gay rams and the possible benefits of smoking. So much to learn, so little time...
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:02 am
There's probably more sugar in my coffee than in my pop.

I don't drink coffee for two reasons. One, don't usually like the taste. I'm too cheap to buy the expensive stuff, and when I drink the less expensive brands, it's laced heavily with creamer and sugar/sweetner.

Two, I'm trying to cut my caffiene dependance. Right now, I'm down to two excedrine a day (130mg), and I don't drink caffienated pop anymore. Sigh. I miss my Pepsi. Been drinking a lot of sprite.

But good news indeed for those that drink a lot of coffee.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 05:53 am
I've seen littlek when she was drinking niether coffee nor water...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:55 pm
SP - fair enough.....
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:12 pm
Re: Aaaah coffee.... Another good reason to drink it.
littlek wrote:
Heavy coffee drinkers are at a lower (than non-drinkers or light drinkers) risk of developing type II diabetes. According to the article the Finnish are the most excessive drinkers of coffee, per capita, world wide.

Coffee's good, mkay?

Of course, drinking 10 cups of coffee a day can lead to a host of other problems.

my dad used to drink 60 cups of coffee a day and smoke, and his kidneys had hell to pay.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:36 pm
Yikes!
0 Replies