I'm reaching out for help. Please read! All input is welcome.

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 04:47 am
I'm reaching out for help. Please read! All input is welcome.

There's a much older man I met and started dating long distance. He insisted I was introduced to his parents. The relationship took a very long time to become sexual because HE slowed things down. I was totally naked on top of him, kissing, sucking, ... and begging to have sex at one point. He just held me tight, and told me to go to sleep, I wasn't ready. All while he had a throbbing hard-on, (so that was definitely not the issue.) It has become more sexual, but is still long distance.

We talk often and he makes me think everytime I get off the phone with him. Later going back and looking things up or remembering just the sound of his voice, making me dizzy with butterflies.

Only lately, he has started to tell me A LOT how he wants to settle down and get married/have kids, but doesn't say to me. We don't have an exclusive relationship. (I'm ok with that at this point and it goes along with his "let's take things slow" attitude.) He says he really likes me but also has hang-ups about our age difference and our distance. I'm in my mid 20s and he just entered his 40s. He tells me about feeling guilty, calls himself "Old Man" and was very interested in making sure I have a good relationship with my father, (I do btw, my dad has always been there for me and still is).

When I originally met him I told him I just wanted to fall in love and settle down and get married. That loving my husband had always been my life goal, while his as a child had been his career. He told me then I was too young to do that and that I needed to explore. He tells me I will make someone a great wife but we never bring all this stuff up because I said it months ago.

Independently my living situation is about to change, one of his friends claims he's going to take me away to where he lives. But he could be saying the marriage thing to multiple other girls?! What does all this mean? What should I do when he next visits?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 753 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 05:13 am
@Jessie1989,
Jessie1989 wrote:
one of his friends claims he's going to take me away to where he lives

Huh?

Let's back up a sec.

You are long distance and you, personally, are over 21. Do you want to be "taken away"? Or are you an independent person who can stand on your own two feet?

I am not saying that this could not be a good relationship, but it strikes me that this situation is a convenient way for you to not explore the world on your own, and try to make it independently. And for him, it's a convenient way for him to not deal with women of his own age, who might have relationship baggage (or even, gasp, kids!).

You have let this guy (long distance, no less) have and retain all the power in this so-called relationship. And I say so-called, because long distance truly stinks and it's not just because you miss each other. It's also because you get a distorted picture of people that way. When folks don't see each other for a while, usually (not always) they get onto their absolute best behavior when they're together. And so you don't see the fights, the five o'clock shadow, the bill-paying, etc.

You are handing over your power on a silver platter. What other life decisions do you want this guy to make for you, so that you don't have to?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 08:05 am
@Jessie1989,
You are quite mixed up. Maybe it's because you are so young and inexperienced as a woman.

Don't make a commitment to any man. You are just not ready yet.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 08:09 am
@Jessie1989,
[quote="Jessie1989"one of his friends claims he's going to take me away to where he lives.[/quote]

his home planet?
0 Replies