Visual business scheduling software, does it exist?

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 02:46 pm
I am looking for a piece of scheduling (business) software that has a visual component, similar to Google Calender. I -require- the following data fields and features;
- Start / End date
- Contact (Person)
- Contact (Phone Number)
- Company
- Company #
- 6 additional data fields (descriptions, numbers, and other data)

The ideal piece of software would have the capability of importing/exporting a very large contact list.

I would like to be able to at least visualize the data over a calender and would prefer to be able to also move the blocks around on the calender by dragging them, similar to Google Calender.

I need the 'events' (scheduled items, or whatever the application calls them) to be searchable by any of the data fields, especially the company, company # and the flexible data fields.

I would be overjoyed if there was an app that shows a pool of 'waiting but not yet scheduled' events. (A customer has called and requested something and is awaiting scheduling).

A little background, I am currently using an Excel spreadsheet to handle all of our companies service tech scheduling. It serves its function and is very searchable and capable of filtering data (lists, tables and such), but it is absolutely not very 'visual' nor is it convenient. I am at a crossroads; either I am going to delve into VBA to make fields, formulas and data auto-populate from a very large (unfinished) database and continue to deal with the raw data or find an already existing solution that is much more elegant and visual in nature.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,345 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 06:42 pm
@qcgreywolf,
Hang tight. Someone will come by and spam this thread with what you are looking for. Exactly what you are looking for.
0 Replies

Romen esko

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 03:22 am
@qcgreywolf,
Hello Friends,

The advent of the digital age has provided businesses with a number of new scheduling tools. From scheduling software to cell phone applications, these new technologies present a graphic interface through which the day-to-day activities of a business can be seen and understood. Older scheduling technologies, like the PERT and Gantt charts, are still useful for long-term business project scheduling, and have been updated to meet the needs of a digitally based market.

Thanks And Regards,
Romen Esko
0 Replies