Box dye disaster, please help!

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 12:41 am
Long story short.. I had pretty, long, brown (box dye) hair. I got tired of the brown. I went to jcpenny salon to get burgundy (I had it before and loved it).. The lady dyed my hair rainbow purple w. These awful light brown (wanna be blonde) highlights. It looked grey! I died my hear w. John F. Foam dye in dark cherry brown and loveddd it. Sadly it faded and the messed up jcpenny hair started to show through. I had a John F. Medium brown box dye at the house so I tried it.. Nada. Looked exactly the same. I went & bought Lo'real foam dye in dark brown.. It turned my hair a dull dark dishwater grey color & some of the jcpenny mess is STILL showing through! I tried another box dye that I had laying around in brown and nothing. Now I have this dishwasher dark dull grey purple highlight color that is hidioussss. Help!

Asked by Lindsey - 7 m
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,554 • Replies: 5

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:19 am
@Lmckeex3,
In what period of time did you make these changes?
jespah

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:21 am
@ehBeth,
Isn't it more effective to strip off the old colors?
djjd62

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:23 am
@Lmckeex3,
spend less time on hair colouring and more time on grammar and spelling and everything should be fine
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:26 am
@jespah,
Stripping might work - depends on how much damage was done. Rapidly redying hair can cause problems that only a serious chop chop chop can help (the alternative is more chemicals that can lead to hair just falling out).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:28 am
@jespah,
Going back to the salon for a correction after the first colour would have been the best option - most likely free too.

Once you start buggering around with box colour corrections on top of salon work, you need to pay serious $ for the salon to correct the mess.
0 Replies