Just some feelings I wanted to share

Fred

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:48 am
Love is supposed to be the "Zeus" of all feelings the "God" of the feelings world! The "Quan" of living! Its supposed to be something greater then anything in the world!

Yet there is another side of love that we as people put into a denial....The dark side of love.....The love that confuses us......The love that puts us into a depression.....The love that kills us inside......

We as people are to eager to "love" cause its feelings can be more rewarding then anything in the world. We do it without caution and without thinking that hey this will end someday! But then it does and we are left here wallowing in misery and sadness... If love is so easy to find then why isn't it so easy to lose "forget"?

All of us, Yes ALL of us come to this site everyday and read others posts because some way or another love has bit us in the @ss!

I look at us a small family. We are here to help one another and give the best advice we can give. We tell each other the things that we have been longing to hear and sometimes its sh!t we don't want to hear

We get on here everyday to give out advice to people that have either gone through the same situation as us or we just try to relate the best we can to help!

I guess my point through all of this is no matter how much heart ache were in or how much confusion we might go through we can still show acts of love, cause we do it here everyday whether you know it or not!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 792 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:06 am
While I agree with you that there is a family atmosphere here. It's one of the things that keeps me coming back. I've seen a lot of forums, and there's only two that I come back to regularly.

But I disagree with us coming here because of problems with love. Sure, we all have problems with it. But while I see a lot of people come here for that, I see a lot of people come here for different reasons.

Love is a two edged sword. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. It's the highest mountain, and the lowest valley. Oh, there is a dark side, and we've all seen it.

But you raise a good question. If it's so easy to find, why is it so hard to forget? Excuse me while I slip into my nerd suit, but it can be summed up best by what Captain James T. Kirk said in ST5, "I need my pain. It makes me who we are." Just as our experiences with the dark side of love give the character and personality that we become every day.

We are, as you said, all capable of showing love to our fellow man here. I've seen it numerous times. I've seen members reach out and if nothing else, sympathize with other people, and share their pain. That alone, the fact that we know we're not alone, can do wonders. Especially to those of us who feel like we're on this journey with no one but ourselves to travel with.

That compassion that we show, that you see us give out every day, is what makes us human. Of course, I don't need to tell you this. It's pretty evident in how we respond to our fellow members here. While it's pretty common, I think it's pretty special. And when I see things like this everywhere, I can't help but feel that we have a chance. That common decency and compassion will always win. It can't help but do that, it's in abundant supply. No matter what else is going on around us.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:57 pm
First of all... Amen, fred. Secondly, trials do build character. Oh, man, I hate saying that. So cliche. But, yeah, without trials, we don't grow. It is true, though, that the people we love the most have the most power to hurt us if they want. Sad stuff.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:12 pm
Turner
That was beautifully said, so I'll just say "yeah, what Turner said" ;-)
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:51 pm
Thanks, Tana. . . where's the blush smiley?
0 Replies