Should schools entice children to eat healthier lunches?

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:37 am
Kids need guidance and help when it comes to learning to take care of themselves? I suppose that explains the neighbours' complaints about our putting the baby out on the balcony with the dog to do his business. Just kidding, I don't have a dog. Laughing
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:34 am
cavfincier, you always make me smile Smile Thanks for that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:46 am
No problem, L.R.R., I like to smile too. Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:56 am
What about all the overweight teachers?

Will they be forced to participate in the plan?
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 07:08 am
Definetly the overweight gym teachers--- Oh- that would be all three in my school.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:18 am
depends on who is paying for the markup/discount. Is your tax money giving them this incentive? Or did they simply mark up the better tasting stuff so the kids can't afford it?

I am in favor of changing out sodas for somewhat-more-healthy juices. A lot of times those have just as much sugar...

My experience in school cafeterias is that prepackaged things are safe. I went to good schools and even there the food was horrific. There was an incident where they were using dead chicken puss as a binder to hold the meat in chicken nuggets together. I seriously wish I was kidding.

If they want people to eat healthier food, they should serve edible healthy food!
0 Replies