Who are your favorite movie villains?

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:45 pm
How about 'Eve' herself? She was a sneaky bitch on wheels. But Addison Dewitt was indeed a delicious bastard.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:15 pm
The two of them together is one of the original matches made in Hell.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:18 pm
So true! And what a great name! Addison DeWitt!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:27 pm
Loved it! What did he say to Margo at that dinner party while she was in full drama?
"You're maudlin and full of self-pity...you're magnificent!"
0 Replies

RockChk419

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 03:34 pm
Maybe they don't count?
What about animated villans?
Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty
Ursula from The Little Mermaid
They always were creepy to me when I was little
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
Virgil "the Turk" Sollozzo, played by Al Lettieri in The Godfather.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:16 pm
I may have mentioned it earlier but how about Al Lettieri as Rudi, that snaky bank robber who turns on Steve McQueen in "The Getaway". Remember? He kidnapped Sally Struthers and screwed her non-stop in front of her husband until he finally hung himself.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:49 pm
"Brick Top" Polford, played by Alan Ford in Snatch.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:55 pm
Rainbow Randolph, played by Robin Williams in Death to Smoochy.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:40 pm
Quote:
The creep in Schlinder's List. I forget his name: the guy who used the prisoners as target practice.

Oooops. I just noticed the title says "favorite villian"

Scratch that.

On the other hand, I think it's important to recognize the brief scenes of humanity Fiennes's portrayal gave to this otherwise dispicable Nazi.

Amon Goeth, played by Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:14 am
Quentin Tarantino was also pretty creepy as Richard Gecko in From Dusk till Dawn. (1996) He was more scary than the vampyres!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:11 pm
Agreed. He was fun scary, though.
0 Replies

pola

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:24 am
jean reno in léon the professional - i love that movie and i love jean reno.

and i think robert de niro in analize this was very funny Smile

but i am not sure if they are villains Confused Question
0 Replies

TheSeasAsleep

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:24 am
Favorite villains:

Kevin Spacey's Kaiser Soze in "The Usual Suspects" for sheer coolness. Even his name is cool. It was so slick the way he outsmarted everyone, the audience included.

Gary Oldman's Stansfield in "The Professional, aka Leon"... I really sat up and took notice of this actor because of this role. He was clearly psychotic but strangely charismatic, to me anyway. His entrance onto the canvas has stayed with me for years -- miming a composer's movements over Beethvon as he slaughters an entire family. Psychotic much?
Favorite quote -- "I like these calm little moments before the storm."

John Malkovitch's Valmont in "Dangerous Liasons". I loved this character and this is when I sat up and took notice of John Malkovitch. He did sort of change over the course of the movie from villain to antihero though. A much more clear cut example would be his Cyrus 'The Virus' in "Con Air". He was a freakin' hoot!
Favorite quotes -- "Oh, nothing makes me sadder than the agent lost his bladder on the aeroplane."

Glenn Close's Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil in "Dangerous Liasons". The alpha villain, or rather, villianess of the piece. I watched her poised maliciousness and intricate machinations from which no one, not even her closest confidant, was safe with horrified fascination.

Close had some really cool lines in the movie too --
Merteuil: "You'll find the shame is like the pain, you only feel it once." ~ said while urging a newly deflowered virgin to sexual promiscuity.

Merteuil: "Like most intellectuals, he is intensely stupid."

Valmont: "...I thought betrayal was your favorite word."
Merteuil: "No, no... 'cruelty.' I think that has a nobler ring to it."
0 Replies

alakritz

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
Christopher Walken in anything! But especially The Phophecy. Sinister and funny, a lethal combination. Others:

Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator
Gene Hackman in Superman
Terrence Stamp in Superman 2
Glen Close and John Malkovich in Dangerous Liasons
Dennis Hopper in Speed ("I'm eccentric, poor people are crazy")
Linda Fiorentina in The Last Seduction (that was one cold lady)
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:11 pm
Mason Verger, played by Gary Oldman in Hannibal.
0 Replies

alakritz

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:11 am
Paaskynen wrote:
Quentin Tarantino was also pretty creepy as Richard Gecko in From Dusk till Dawn. (1996) He was more scary than the vampyres!

Oh he was grand in that flick. Not to mention having the greatest line in scary movie history

Cheech Marin "What were they, psychos?"
George Clooney "Did they look like psychos? Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how crazy they are!"
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:04 pm
Gary Oldham is a modern master villain, In the tradition of Dan Duryea. Mercedes McCambridge, Peter Lorre, and Jack Elam to name a few.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:12 pm
John Malkovitch in "In the Line of Fire<" a psychopathic assassin who's aiming to kill the President of the United States. Malevolence personified.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:21 pm
BTW, with all the would be actors making movies, I don't believe I've seen Malkovich lately. What;s up with that?
0 Replies