Who are your favorite movie villains?

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:52 pm
He's working in mostly independents (although he was in the box office failure, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) like "Ripley's Game" and will appear as Gustav Klimt in the bio-pic "Klimt."
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:58 pm
See, I knew you would have info.("Yes Grandkids, I do know, a living, breathing, Movieland Encyclopedia") Very Happy
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:12 pm
For creepy I go with Kevin Spacey in 'Seven'

Tom Berenger was very good as the murderous sergeant in 'Platoon'.
I also think of Ralph Fiennes performance in 'Schindler's List'

But I do like quirky bad guys.
Alan Rickman in 'Die Hard' and as the sherif of Nottingham in 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves'.
Also Alan Ford as Brick Top in 'Snatch'

Revoltingly Bad.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
Malkovich still spends some of his time on the stage, particularly at Steppenwolf in Chicago.
Malkovich at the Steppenwolf
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 07:07 pm
I forgot Tim Roth in 'Rob Roy'
How could I forget Tim Roth?
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 07:43 pm
I just read through the pages and wanted to add the (little-known?) movie "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. I saw this years ago, but I remember it left me feeling "creeped out."

It is based on real-life killer Henry Lee Lucas played by Michael Rooker and presents the story so matter-of-factly. Chilling portrayal.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:17 pm
That was a genuinely creepy character, bermbits. This made me think of Mark Harmon as Ted Bundy in the mini-series "The Deliberate Stranger."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:13 am
ENDYMION wrote:
I forgot Tim Roth in 'Rob Roy'
How could I forget Tim Roth?

I didn't and should have posted it. One of the greatest villains in all of cinema, upstaging any of the villians in "Braveheart" (I consider "Rob Roy" a far more literate and distinguished a production than Gibson's twisted, overblown historical "leaptic").
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 12:59 pm
This is an oldie made back in the 50's I think. Robert Mitchem(sp?) in "Night of the Hunter" He has love tattooed on one hand and hate tattooed on the other. I believe Lillian Gish played the woman trying to protect the children from his creepy faux minister character.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:56 pm
glitterbag -- you've come up with a classic. What a magnificent performance by Mitchum. He was an underrated actor -- so he was the machismo stereotype but we've got actors today that fill that bill.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 05:01 am
LightWizard, all I know is that movie still scares the bejesus out of me. Especially the scene when one of the children walks out on the screened porch with a lantern.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 08:13 am
Speaking of children and villains, how about that little witch in "The Children's Hour" with Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Maclaine. The way she bullied and manilpulated and tortured everyone around her was pure evil.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:59 pm
Good one -- that film was one of the best adaptations of a play. Gore Vidal's play, "The Best Man" was also a great adaptation. There was a great political villain in that film but it's escaped my memory who the character and the actor are who played it. Wow, have to rent that one again!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 03:19 pm
It was the Cliff Robertson character, the opposing Democratic candidate for President against Henry Fonda's noble character. Some might believe that most every politician is more like the Cliff Robertson character and I'm inclined to agree.
0 Replies

Able2Believe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:40 am
I'd have to say I was really impressed with Alec Baldwin's performance (not something I say often!) in The Juror. He played the perfect creep.
0 Replies