Who are your favorite movie villains?

Katre

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 12:37 pm
Archibald Cunningham (Time Roth, Rob Roy)

To me he was one of the most realistically evil characters I've ever seen. Sniveling and proper to his superiors one minute... and "very, very nasty" the next. When Rob grabbed the sword during the duel..... hell yeah. I wanted Archibald to get it so bad.

Then there's the lady in One flew over the cookoo'sĀ“nest
and probabaly a lot of the others that i will remember when you guys mention them.

Oh and aren't the villains the most interesting part of the movies anyway?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 16,791 • Replies: 194
No top replies

pieman

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 08:43 pm
Very Happy Hello Katre and welcome aboard.

I thought Ben Kingsley played an interesting villain in "Sexy Beast". A nasty, psychopathical piece of work.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 09:10 pm
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought of Tim Roth in Rob Roy. Great minds think alike, Katre! Welcome to A2K!

(P.S. I wanted to kill him myself.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 09:49 pm
For sheer morbid suaveness, nobody can beat Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs. Creeeepy.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 02:07 am
I am sure you may mean theatrical releases...but I think John C. Mcginley(currently Dr. Perry Cox on Scrubs) played an even better sociopath than Lector in Dean Koontzs' INTENSITY...very creepy..it was a made for tv movie and i thought well done.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:45 am
Andrew- I agree with you about Hannibal Lechter. What made him so creepy, was that he was sophisticated, and elegant.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:47 am
Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in Die Hard (but not Jeremy Irons as Simon Gruber in Die Hard 3). Slightly overacted, but in the best possible way!

"Give me my detonators..."

Also, James Earl Jones as the Snake King in Conan The Barbarian.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:56 am
Professor Fate, The Great Race, Jack Lemmon.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:59 am
The creep in Schlinder's List. I forget his name: the guy who used the prisoners as target practice.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:01 am
Oooops. I just noticed the title says "favorite villian"

Scratch that.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:04 pm
Stephen Berkoff in Beverly Hills Cop--Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West...Gene Hackman in Unforgiven.

That's interesting, Gus. "Favorite Villain" doesn't mean that you have to like the character, just how he portrays the character, right?

Hey, Katre. A warm welcome to 'ya.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:21 pm
Hey, old timers! Remember the days when there were character actors in Hollywood who specialized in playing nothing but 'heavies', i.e. villains? Steve Cochran comes to mind. In slightly later times, Lee Van Cleef became a career heavy in a number of westerns, starting with High Noon. And who played Frank Miller in High Noon? He was pretty creepy, too, albeit featured only in the last 10 minutes of the film.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:41 pm
The meanest I've ever seen was Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death. He pushed a wheelchair-bound woman down a flight of steps to her death, wickedly giggling the whole time. (You've probably seen Frank Gorshin doing an imitation of that Widmark character.)

Merry Andrew: Ian MacDonald played Frank Miller, but I don't recall any of his other films.

And how about Jack Palance in Shane?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:43 pm
I was think Jack Palance in Shane when my eyes hit your post excatly at the same time!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:53 pm
As was noted above, Ben Kingsley as Don Logan (in "Sexy Beast") as modern best villain.

In the classics category, how about Sidney Greenstreet in any number of films, or Orson Welles in "The Third Man"?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:10 pm
http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/CIN01276_C211.jpg Gary Oldman as Drexel in True Romance. "He must of thought it was white boy day. It aint white boy day is it?"
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:13 pm
How about Gary oldman in The Professional!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:25 pm
Peter Cook as George Spiggot (the Devil) in the original "Bedazzled." The off-hand way in which he casually wreaks mayhem.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:15 pm
http://members.aol.com/gifhack/burger1.GIFSamuel L Jackson as Jules in Pulp Fiction;"The path of the righteous man..."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:04 pm
Jim Carrey as "The Cable Guy". Freaked me out.

The shape shifting Terminator in Terminator II.
0 Replies